Sign in to follow this  
CyBeR

Your Dream Home

What's your dream home like?

As for myself, I'm planning to buy an acre or more of land somewhere out of the city and build a house. A small house. DIY. Cos I don't wanna spend too much time cleaning house, and I'm a tidy person. (I wish it were practical to turn on a tap somewhere and flush the whole house, but that's not a good idea cos I will have lots of electronics, and computer equipment... :( ) Anyway, I've drawn up a few plans, but scrapped all of them. The only thing I'm happy with is the garden. :P I guess my dream home is still in planning. hahaha...

So. What's YOUR dream home like?

i would like my dream house to be a bungalow with lots of lands. I want a flower garden, whenever i wake up and open the window, i will be greeted with lotsa sunflowers. I want to have tall trees surrounding the property and land. One plot will be reserved for vegetable farm, one plot of medicinal plant and one plot for fruit trees.

I want my driveway to have a fountain, and there are greek statues greeting the visitors when they enter. The porch roof will be supported by roman pillars and the path way shall be lined with unpolished marbles.

I like my dream house to have many rooms.

1. Individual rooms for my children and our parents (wife and I),

2. 2-3 guest room

3. a huge library stacked to the ceilings

4. a tv/audio room

5. a room for gym and leisure play things like tennis table.

6. A make up and wardrobe room for the missus :lol:

7. A prayer room

8. A room to store the love momentos of me and my future wife :lol: A room where we keep all the fond memories, the gifts we gave to each other, and a small sofa for romantic quiet moments.

I would like to have those huge old chinese temple antique doors as my front doors.

In my house, there will be a lot of balinese furniture for the living and guest hall, whereas for my children, it will be more of contemporary style.

I want a huge chandelier to bring shine for my guest as they enter. There will be paintings and art works. I hope to get a life size replica of the terracota army and perhaps some japanese/chinese old armors.

Of cuz la, this just a dream house anyway :lol:

3. a huge library stacked to the ceilings

Aggggh! If you ever get this I'm coming to visit and read! :P Hopefull got wifi for research too lol

shudnt be a problem lor. Cos my library shelf currently measures 10ft by 6ft already. If i can get that bungalow, sure will have more money for books :lol:

It will have a small area for conferencing and will have pc & wifi access :lol: And a nice tea set also :D

hMm .. u guyz really had your dream house nicely planned huh? .. i like both of your dream house already especially lordy ones .. lol .. since it consist of roman designs and a HUGE! library!! i always wished i had a library like "beauty and the beast" omg .. the library is huge with books that could bury you alive 100x XDXD .. i haven't planned my dream house yet but had a rough idea i guess..

size doesn't really matter but it must be comfortable and organized .. o ya, it must have a high ceiling as well so it'll look more spacious .. although i like high urban buildings but i can't picture myself living in a condominium or flat because i'll feel trap or stuffed .. so i'll prefer if my house will be a "house" .. haha .. i mean on land and had garden .. i'm not a good garderner .. coz i'll freak out if a warm crawls out .. so i guess i'll just let a small part where grass can grow and plant some palm trees along the sides .. o yea, the garden must have good "lightings" as well .. so i'll make sure lamps are available around them .. and not to forget a garden set so i could chill with my pals there ..

so ya, done with the garden .. obviously the garden won't be the "focus" point .. coz i'd probably juz cover the majority of land with tiles .. i like cars very much so i would like to make places for them .. hahaha~~ and i hope my porch had two main gate .. i always like houses with two huge main gates side by side XDXD .. i'm would likely design my house with the modern theme by putting in many metals, glasses and mirrors .. say nono to woods or brown and say yes to white, black and blues

i like technologies, and i'm a lazy person so i guess machines are the next main thing to be spotted besides my HUGE double door fridge, which is loaded with alchohols!! i.e. microwaves, dishwasher, drier etc ..

if there's spare rooms available, i would make it into a theatre room where i could watch movies and blast my fav song in there besides the living room, just in case my parents decide to steal my tv time from me .. <_< and i hate it whenever they do that .. yea, so they can hav the living room all they want .. :clapclap: and also another room for my books, computer and puzzles .. i like jig-saw puzzle, so i think i'll just make library, study room and my jig-saw puzzle room in one place .. else my mom will think i've gone mad for making a room for each .. but anyway .. the main point is .. i will make nearly everywhere is sleep-able!! as i've stated .. i'm a lazy person .. i could juz sleep there and then .. so yeah, make sure every 10ft had a sleepable spot! XDXD well, itz an advantage anyway .. juz in case some mad pals of mine decided to crash in without notice .. i couldn't ask them to sleep in the porch right? wut if they drool on my cars? :blink: nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T___T

Oooo good idea. Totally forgot about lighting! I was thinking of starting a wine cellar one day, too -- but still undecided. After all, I want a small house. :P

nice!

wow wow!! nice pics.....

however....... one question comes to my mind -->

"oh man, how to clean up?" :P

too huge and need lot of maintenance... :P

need few maids then... hehehe

hehe usually if u live in such big houses, u would have a maid whose sole purpose is to maintain it.

Secondly, discipline helps lor. If u take something, put it back instead of lying on the floor/desk.

Thirdly, usually such large houses would feature a storage area to store infrequently used goods. Most are located in the basements.

Basements in Malaysia? :lol: I think just storage room for us more practical less problems.

Love all the big open space though. *sigh* Can't have a large house cos someone lazy to walk. Plus that thing about discipline. That certain someone just dumps her things all over the place. *SIGH* I'd probably go nuts looking for replacement maids.

Speaking of which, I think someone's maid turned pale looking at the new house -- until she found out got two new maids coming.

Oh yeah, it looks like you need a gardener and a pool man too for that house lol In addition to the maidS.

Edited by CyBeR

hehe basements are a feature in bungalows with limited lands. My uncle had a basement to store 7 cars bcos of the limited land. Basements also serve to hide the car away when u have guests and they needed to park their car in your open area. So for me, basement is a definate good thing to have.

Plus, usually for large houses, there are companies which provides weekly maintenance including gardening, pool cleaning, facade glass washing and wiping too.

I hope others can post pics of what they would like in their houses too :clapclap:

hehe basements are a feature in bungalows with limited lands. My uncle had a basement to store 7 cars bcos of the limited land. Basements also serve to hide the car away when u have guests and they needed to park their car in your open area. So for me, basement is a definate good thing to have.

Plus, usually for large houses, there are companies which provides weekly maintenance including gardening, pool cleaning, facade glass washing and wiping too.

I hope others can post pics of what they would like in their houses too :clapclap:

haha yeah me too. :)

hehe usually if u live in such big houses, u would have a maid whose sole purpose is to maintain it.

Secondly, discipline helps lor. If u take something, put it back instead of lying on the floor/desk.

Thirdly, usually such large houses would feature a storage area to store infrequently used goods. Most are located in the basements.

oh learn this since young.. always put the thing back to its place after use...

however, i really cannot stand for the dust... eeeeyakk!

and i love to see the floor shining ~~blink blink~ :lol:

my current house is very dusty, cause it's nearby a highway <_<

very tiring to moop and sweep the floor, and wipe all the cabinet and racks 8) ... couldn't help, just dun like to touch/see the dust...

and my bf falls a lot of hair each day... always have to pick up his hair one by one... especially his room... <_< should ask him to shave bodak then :lol:

Whoa, such lovely houses! My dream house is a little less ambitious:

- a nice acre of land with huge shady trees,

- large single storey house with a high ceiling (> 14-ft)

- lots of huge windows for lighting and ventilation.

- Layout will be like the Chinese mansions of yore - square/rectangular shaped with a garden in the middle, and all the rooms open into a roofed corridor surrounding the garden.

- Furniture will be simple, solid dark wood if possible.

- General color scheme - light, neutral tones and pastels on the walls and curtains.

- Flooring will be large, light-colored 2' x 2' marble tiles. I love wood, but I'm worried about termites.

Hmm, rooms...

- a bedroom for each person,

- a huge kitchen to eat and cook in,

- a well-equipped computer/electronics room,

- bathroom with an ofuro,

- a dance/ gym/exercise room with mirrors lining the wall.

Yup, that's it :D

my dream house...?? in progress...

not big, 900sqft is more than enuf... painted in white color inside out & roof as well, using bricks & aluminum plus glasses...of coz...where the location>> probably in Penang, at the middle of Tg. Bungah & Bt. Feringgi. yup, hill side or hill top... saw a few land for sell at there... from rm400k onwards.. really worthy to buy... i'm the minimalism, so, my house will got only 1 sofa, 1 piano, 1 king size's bed & a few picture hanging around... no air-cond coz i'm green peace as well....

still save money for buy the land 1st...hopefully can get it b4 2009....

Mine is :

1) A swimming pool!

2) A music room with drums, piano, n a big mirror!

3) 3 bedrooms(1 for me n my hb, 1 is 4 my daughter if I hav 1, another for son if i manage get 1:P), 2 halls, 2 kitchens, 1 mini cinema, 1 garden.

4) Mini library

5) I forgot bout the bathrooms!!! 3 bathrooms! 2 with jacuzzi!

6) A Porch

:P I like modern style. but 1 if the halls is those royal style furniture. House must be clean! Halls n cinema must hav SUPER GOOD sound system! The Main hall must have chandelier. Garden must have flowers n tress! :) PERFECTO!!!

Hi

My dream house would have two stories, 4 bedrooms (one for an office and/or exercise room) or 3 bedrooms & an office, 2½ baths, living room w/a bay window, den w/a woodburning fireplace (the den would be set-up with surround sound, just as our living room is now), formal dining room, large open kitchen w/ an island and a breakfast nook and a huge walk-in pantry, a walk-in closet in every bedroom, a front porch that is the length of the front of the house, a 2-4 car garage, a 4-car garage out back (for dh to work on cars in), a large front yard with mature trees (including dogwoods & eastern redbuds), a large fenced-in back yard with mature trees. The house would be in the country and would be Victorian. That's the dream anyway.

Thanks
Have a nice time ahead.

Hello

Good question.... Thanks for sharing your different opinion. Is your dream home etched in your mind? Are you just waiting for the perfect time to bring it to reality? If you're planning on building your dream house, these links, checklists, and ideas can help focus your ideas and plans.

Thanks
Have a nice time ahead.

Hi

Thanks for sharing these nice pictures....
I have always had issues with perfectionism and this place is perfect to me, although I do like the cozy cottage too. I think my favorite part of the mansion is that it would have the kitchen of my dreams and french doors, love the french doors! Not to mention all the family could stay over without killing one another!

Thanks
Have a nice time ahead