Sign in to follow this  
bkk

Kenari "tortured" by JC

Jeremy Clarkson shows his frustration on companies that seem to take make cars as a pure for-profit matter… perhaps you could call it cars with no ’spirit’ or ‘passion’. The victim - our very own Perodua Kelisa. Video after the jump.

quite true

he should directly blame on Daihatsu & Toyota since they are the major share holder of Perodua now...

But trust me JC wont critic Japanese car manufacture at all..

Edited by wave768

tht fella got ntg better to do...likes to torture cars.... lst time i saw him destroying a porsche 911 (old episode)....drove it thru a wall, shot it with pistol, etc

lolx.....and sigh.......

its time for local car makers to do something else (gov) reduce the darn tax for other cars

Edited by wiNd

Malaysia defends "the worst car in the world" Perodua Kelisa

Posted: 05 April 2007 0247 hrs

KUALA LUMPUR : Malaysia on Wednesday defended a car made by national automaker

Perodua after British motoring critic and BBC presenter Jeremy Clarkson labelled it the

worst car in the world.

Abdul Raman Suliman, deputy minister in the prime minister's department, said the British

distributor of Perodua's mini five-door Kelisa had never received complaints, the state

Bernama news agency reported.

"From 2001 to 2007, Perodua has exported more than 2,400 units of Kelisa to the UK and

the sole Perodua distributor there had not received any negative complaints as made by

Jeremy Clarkson," Abdul Raman was quoted as telling lawmakers in parliament concerned

over the comments.

He also accused Clarkson of making the criticisms to boost sales of his magazine and said

they were only his personal opinion.

Bernama quoted Clarkson as saying last year that the Kelisa "is without doubt the worst car,

not just in its category, but in the world."

Clarkson, a host on the BBC's "Top Gear" motoring show with a magazine of the same

name, has attacked the Kelisa hatchback several times.

In a February 2004 article in the British Sunday Times, he described the Kelisa as "a car built

in a jungle clearing by people who go to work in shoes made from leaves", according to the

newspaper's website.

He also released a DVD of car reviews in 2005 in which he bashes the Kelisa with a

sledgehammer and then blows it up with dynamite.

Perodua is Malaysia's second national carmaker and began operations in 1995 as a producer

of small and fuel-efficient compact models.

Japanese small car-maker Daihatsu Motor, a subsidiary of Toyota, owns a 51 percent stake

in Perodua which has produced a series of attractive models well suited to the Malaysian

market. - AFP/de

maybe perodua can send a proton car (all mix ) to him for testing purposes. This is a sure way perodua can weave out of such entanglement and proton become famous :lol:

Jeremy Clarkson is an individual with his own liking and taste, as so he really worships Aston Martins to his personal favor and eventually, this personal preferences makes him comparing the Kelisa to a more superior model he has been with, so disregarding the main purpose of the Kelisa's functionality.

He trashed the Kelisa, that's his liking of testing and personal behaviour. Dudes, he even bent BMWs... so nothing xtraordinary about the Kelisa being treated like that. I myself also can destroy a Rolls Royce or Aston Martins with my own method of testing... and using my company's crane, piledriver, road-rollers (the 'tenggiling') or a simple TNT chargers... heh.

So in the end, its just another fun-to-watch video made by a group of idiots who think cars should be made to their own standard - doesn't apply to business policy. Like this, built your own car laa...

i am a fan of top gear here in UK. what i can say is jeremy clarkson does have point there...viewing it from UK perspective. coz the thing is here in UK there are so many choices of car and i'm afraid kelisa is at the bottom of the pecking order in its class. i think what he is trying to say is don't bother to sell this kind of car in UK market coz other manufacturer like nissan or ford can offer more build quality within the reasonable price band.

however...in malaysia it is absolutely the opposite thing. majority of us don't have the buying power like ppl in UK have. so basically we pay for what we need which is a vehicle that can go from A to B, not the extra2 features or good materials for the car's interior. and of coz to enable them to sell...car manufacturers in malaysia have to produce a car which reflects the spending power of consumers.

i do agree that the way he shows his frustration is over the top. i mean...he can criticise it in a lot other diff way rather than crushing and blowing the car up. it is an insult to perodua and us malaysians. i think if it is a company from japan he might think twice before doing the same thing.

Theres nothing wrong with the kelisa...Actually any malaysian car, no matter how much critisicm they get, they'r all good enuf for ppl like us who cant really afford BMWs and Mercedes.

Jeremy Clarkson shows his frustration on companies that seem to take make cars as a pure for-profit matter… perhaps you could call it cars with no 'spirit' or 'passion'. The victim - our very own Perodua Kelisa.

------------------

jimmy jack

place your ads

QUOTE (wave768 @ Mar 20 2007, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he should directly blame on Daihatsu & Toyota since they are the major share holder of Perodua now...

But trust me JC wont critic Japanese car manufacture at all..

Worst car in the world?? Why dint he do that to a Proton...

If someone asks me, do you think Malaysian cars are bad quality?? I would say no: proton cars yes, plus the main reason why I dun like proton cars is bcos I heard they are gas-guzzlers (from many proton drivers) and darn big. But for Perodua side, I am Perodua's No 1 fan. bcos they produce cute cute cars that are easy to drive, run and turn (u-turn, pararrel parking, you-name-it) plus they dun consume much petrol (except for MyVi, maybe) Plus, Proton has the habit of configuring their car like a LHD car (signal handle on the left for Waja and Gen-2) Hello, this is Malaysia. We (and our neighbours, Indon, Thailand and Singapore) drive on the left in RHD cars.

Plus, since Malaysia produces such good quality cars through Perodua, I would readily prefer it over a Japanese car. thats bcos these are made locally and in your own country, so they dun have to travel all the way from Japan-reduce global warming effects. And also it has a Malaysian touch. I personally dislike Toyota cars and maybe other Japanese cars (although my parents are Toyota No 1 fan) bcos I heard from many people,especially church friends that the cd player cannot play cds that you burn or cds from Malaysia.

Even if I were to choose an imported car, I prefer a Korean car (think Hyundai) plus they also produce cute cute cars like the Getz.

So just leave that retarded JC alone, after all he is ang moh, not asian. I myself dun like cars like Benz or Volvo bcos In my opinion, they are too "ang moh"