Sign in to follow this  
makeupjunk

Collagen supplement../ collagen drink

If you're only 21 maybe u shud wait till u hit 25. Collagen starts to deplete by age 25 onwards.

Btw, it's a complete untruth that when one stops collagen supplement, one ages faster. That's a complete myth. It just appears that way because when you feed your body with collagen supplements, your body has/retains optimum levels of collagen, hence you look super young and skin is smoother & plumper. The very moment you stop supplementing your body with collagen, nature will take its course (after 3-6 months of cessation), your body will produce its own collagen at its own pace and your body will biologically age at the rate it was meant to be. Hope this info helps.

thanks teff~~ :clapclap:

so mean while,what supplements i can take at the moment since i cant take meiji?

ah icic..now m assured..m so worried bour ageing and the moment when i finally stop taking anti-ageing products

thanks teff~~ :clapclap:

so mean while,what supplements i can take at the moment since i cant take meiji?

ah icic..now m assured..m so worried bour ageing and the moment when i finally stop taking anti-ageing products

Since you're too young for collagen supplements, maybe u can start off with a good hair, skin & nails formula...look for supplements containing silica extracted from horsetail (a type of plant/herb). Or you can also start on starflower oil or evening primrose oil. A good multivitamin shouldnt be taken for granted too. :) Salmon oil, shark cartilage, fish oil...some of the good types of supplements to keep skin looking young, joints well-oiled, keeps your heart health in tip top shape..just to name a few :)

Since you're too young for collagen supplements, maybe u can start off with a good hair, skin & nails formula...look for supplements containing silica extracted from horsetail (a type of plant/herb). Or you can also start on starflower oil or evening primrose oil. A good multivitamin shouldnt be taken for granted too. :) Salmon oil, shark cartilage, fish oil...some of the good types of supplements to keep skin looking young, joints well-oiled, keeps your heart health in tip top shape..just to name a few :)

m taking evening primerose oil for at least 1 year but to no effect..any idea?should i switch to other supplements?

and i do take pearl powder too when my body is heaty

m taking evening primerose oil for at least 1 year but to no effect..any idea?should i switch to other supplements?

and i do take pearl powder too when my body is heaty

EPO usually works for young skin...hmmm....I seriously have no clue then. What about grape seed supplements? Any potent antioxidant would help clarify skin. I have a friend who's consuming Seresis and she swears by it.

EPO usually works for young skin...hmmm....I seriously have no clue then. What about grape seed supplements? Any potent antioxidant would help clarify skin. I have a friend who's consuming Seresis and she swears by it.

teff,is it u mean grape seed in capsules form?for antioxidant,i currently taking brands innershine berry essence.

haha,lets just say that my skin are really REALLY choosy when it comes to oral skincare.i tried estime last time..just baught the trial pack and i did see the result after 1 week usage

teff,is it u mean grape seed in capsules form?for antioxidant,i currently taking brands innershine berry essence.

haha,lets just say that my skin are really REALLY choosy when it comes to oral skincare.i tried estime last time..just baught the trial pack and i did see the result after 1 week usage

Yup, grape seed tablets/capsules. Yeah I think innershine berry essence is good enuff for someone as young as you are :)

Estime may be a bit too potent for your age...start on potent oral skincare (Imedeen, Estime, collagen etc) when u turn 24-25.... :)

Yup, grape seed tablets/capsules. Yeah I think innershine berry essence is good enuff for someone as young as you are :)

Estime may be a bit too potent for your age...start on potent oral skincare (Imedeen, Estime, collagen etc) when u turn 24-25.... :)

thanks so much teff..appereaciate your advice.i thought of getting Biomores grapeseed.what about the concentration?i should go for how many mg?

:clapclap::praisegod:

thanks so much teff..appereaciate your advice.i thought of getting Biomores grapeseed.what about the concentration?i should go for how many mg?

:clapclap::praisegod:

Hey, no worries at all.. :)

Btw, u mean Blackmores right? Grape Seed Forte? ;)

Well as for grape seed or any other natural antioxidants, the higher the concentration + the more potent it is, the better. They dont make it too high for you to OD on it nways. Hahahaha. I am personally consuming a red grape seed supplement from NZ which has 12000mg grape seed extract per capsule. :)

In any event, Grape Seed Forte from Blackmores is good enuff. I used to consume that too but the NZ one I am consuming is much higher in concentration and very much cheaper that's why I switched. The NZ one I am consuming is not available in Malaysia tho. :)

Edited by Teff

Hey, no worries at all.. :)

Btw, u mean Blackmores right? Grape Seed Forte? ;)

Well as for grape seed or any other natural antioxidants, the higher the concentration + the more potent it is, the better. They dont make it too high for you to OD on it nways. Hahahaha. I am personally consuming a red grape seed supplement from NZ which has 12000mg grape seed extract per capsule. :)

In any event, Grape Seed Forte from Blackmores is good enuff. I used to consume that too but the NZ one I am consuming is much higher in concentration and very much cheaper that's why I switched. The NZ one I am consuming is not available in Malaysia tho. :)

yea its actually blackmores..sorry typo yesterday@.@

yea yea this one

GrapeseedForte1200_30T.jpg

but i found another antioxidant product too that is:Bio ace Excell

BioAce_Excell_80C.jpg

link: http://www.blackmores.com.au/Products/Deta...?ProductId=1821

and i notice both are different ,in the sense of grape seed concentrate ,grape seed forte is 12000 mg whle bio ace excell is 1200 mg

i think the price for blackmores grape seed forte should be around rm 79.90 right?

is it u get the supplements thru ebay??

and i notice both are different ,in the sense of grape seed concentrate ,grape seed forte is 12000 mg whle bio ace excell is 1200 mg

i think the price for blackmores grape seed forte should be around rm 79.90 right?

is it u get the supplements thru ebay??

They're different coz Grape Seed Forte is just grape seed on its own hence the potency is higher. I reckon the Bio Ace excell is a mixture of antioxidants hence the ratio per ingredient is lower to balance up the overall potency.

I used to buy Grape Seed Forte at VitaCare pharmacy for RM75.00 for 30 tablets.

Nope, not from ebay. I got my Red Grape Seed supplement from NZ Pure Health website. The manufacturer of the Red Grape Seed I am consuming is Deep Blue Health, NZ.

They're different coz Grape Seed Forte is just grape seed on its own hence the potency is higher. I reckon the Bio Ace excell is a mixture of antioxidants hence the ratio per ingredient is lower to balance up the overall potency.

I used to buy Grape Seed Forte at VitaCare pharmacy for RM75.00 for 30 tablets.

Nope, not from ebay. I got my Red Grape Seed supplement from NZ Pure Health website. The manufacturer of the Red Grape Seed I am consuming is Deep Blue Health, NZ.

hmm,i dont think i need another source of antioxidants then since i myself already taking brands innershine berry essence.i should just go for grape seed then..i see,i remember seeing blackmores grape seed forte retailing @ rm 78/30 tablets i think

the pricing for NZ pure health red grape seed id far more cheaper than those of balckmores..i think i can buy 2 bottles of NZ pure health for the price of 1 bottle blackmores :haha:

Hi,

Anybody tried Monavie Juice before? My friend from Brazil just told me about this acai fruits. I saw this in TV3 news too? View it from below link. :blink:

http://pharmacymalaysia.com/index.php?opti...t&Itemid=89

They even call it super juice in other forum. I'm thinking to give it a try but it's quite expensive. RM125/bottle ^_^ . Please let me know if you have any experience in this. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, what is this Monavie Juice? Is it collagen? Am currently taking Etsu Collagen, find it helpful as it minimise my pores :D . My fren took it for 5 yrs already and she has perfect skin that does not require foundation at all. For those who r allegy to seafood ingredients, may try Etsu B300 which is bovine (cow) origin. Read fr an article said it is even more potent (something like 2X more powerful) than the marine one. I stick to the marine origin due to religion.

Collagen helps to build skin from within but sunscreen is very important too to prevent external damage!!

any review about the Lotte Collagen? Is it better or comparable to Meiji's one?

Lotte Collagen has a large pack which is worth to be taken for long term consume.

However, Meiji claimed too be more easier to absorp than others brand.

:wub:

Lotte Collagen has a large pack which is worth to be taken for long term consume.

However, Meiji claimed too be more easier to absorp than others brand.

:wub:

I'm taking collagen supplement in long term... so i'm thinking since lotte is cheaper then meiji's, if the effect is same, then I can switch to lotte

is the lotte collagen also 1 day 1 scoop? it's stated 10000mg of collagen, but is it means 10000mg in 1 scoop?

I started my first bottle of H2O Collagen 8000 last night. Today, i start having pimples below my chin. Is this the effect of collagen? or is this just bad timing?

I started my first bottle of H2O Collagen 8000 last night. Today, i start having pimples below my chin. Is this the effect of collagen? or is this just bad timing?

My fren did have the same problem as she took another brand which contains vit B complex in it, she later found out fr another pharmacist tt the additional vit B complex cause heatiness (even sore throat!) unless you drink plenty of water! May be you can check if yours contains some other ingredient too?

Collagen supposed to strengthen our skin and improves its texture, it actually improves acne condition in some cases. If you are worried, stop for a few days and restart again and see how? All the best.

Edited by coolgal

ohohoh....i juz get to know dat Etsu collagen is non-halal (info for who concern la). The info was given by Watson as now they return back all Etsu stock coz afraid to sell since not halal.

I'm taking collagen supplement in long term... so i'm thinking since lotte is cheaper then meiji's, if the effect is same, then I can switch to lotte

is the lotte collagen also 1 day 1 scoop? it's stated 10000mg of collagen, but is it means 10000mg in 1 scoop?

I'm consuming both of this.

Lotte Collagen is every 12.5g equal to 10000mg of Collagen.

It's 10000mg in every 2 scoop. :wub:

QUOTE (skygreen @ Apr 7 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm consuming both of this.
Lotte Collagen is every 12.5g equal to 10000mg of Collagen.
It's 10000mg in every 2 scoop. wub.gif

hi skygreen, since you consume both of them, for your opinion, which one works better? wub.gif

hi there...
can anyone advise me on which collagen that i shud take?
im 23 yrs old and my face got quite a lot of pigmentation..

heard that we shud consume collagen at the age of 25.. but i feel it's necessary for me to consume now as my pigmentation is getting more serious.. the beautician told me that my skin very fast get old.. so i think it's better for me to consume collagen..

help!!

thanks in advance =)

QUOTE (SukiDayo @ Apr 21 2009, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi there...
can anyone advise me on which collagen that i shud take?
im 23 yrs old and my face got quite a lot of pigmentation..

heard that we shud consume collagen at the age of 25.. but i feel it's necessary for me to consume now as my pigmentation is getting more serious.. the beautician told me that my skin very fast get old.. so i think it's better for me to consume collagen..

help!!

thanks in advance =)

have u try taking grape seed oil?