Sign in to follow this  
Mun-Aki

ACCA-LCCI

Huh.. then I wonder why they need you to take English course..

Because TS stopped his/her studies after graduating from school for many years and that's why the college request TS to take up an English course. Maybe they are not sure about his/her English skills anymore?

Nope. I didn't take CAT.. I took ACCA straight away after my STPM. CAT is surely cheaper than ACCA.

Here is the link to Kasturi College's fees.. click! Hope that helps.

Really thanks a lot ya. Kasturi is a school of accountacy .. looks not bad.. should check out the fees first.

How bout your study time? need to study on saturday or sunday?

Edited by tigerbabe

Really thanks a lot ya. Kasturi is a school of accountacy .. looks not bad.. should check out the fees first.

How bout your study time? need to study on saturday or sunday?

No problem as long as it helps. My study time is like usual monday- friday type.

But I have one subject which I attend the part time classes. It's on Saturday and weekday night.

No problem as long as it helps. My study time is like usual monday- friday type.

But I have one subject which I attend the part time classes. It's on Saturday and weekday night.

Ic. I heard that while u taking ACCA, u may start work at the same time? is it true? Cause u should have 3 years working experience after u finished ACCA , so that u can get higher salary?

Ic. I heard that while u taking ACCA, u may start work at the same time? is it true? Cause u should have 3 years working experience after u finished ACCA , so that u can get higher salary?

Literally yes. And ya, you have to work for 3 years to gain enough experience and eventually your salary will be higher.

But for me, I can't have the balance of it. ACCA is tough much. And I really salute people who are working and studying at the same time.

So, have you decide where to go for CAT?

Literally yes. And ya, you have to work for 3 years to gain enough experience and eventually your salary will be higher.

But for me, I can't have the balance of it. ACCA is tough much. And I really salute people who are working and studying at the same time.

So, have you decide where to go for CAT?

kasturi not bad, im still considering. I also consider that when i finish CAT, can i still continue ACCA in this college? I have check out the timetable for ACCA, its really hurry if i start working. Cant go by time.

Should i think bout this question after finish the CAT course ?Am i think too much? As u said, ACCA is tough enough. its hard to work and study at the same time.

kasturi not bad, im still considering. I also consider that when i finish CAT, can i still continue ACCA in this college? I have check out the timetable for ACCA, its really hurry if i start working. Cant go by time.

Should i think bout this question after finish the CAT course ?Am i think too much? As u said, ACCA is tough enough. its hard to work and study at the same time.

Yes you can take any papers you want from any colleges actually. Like one paper from Sunway, another paper from Kasturi. If you want to work and study, I suggest you work when you are taking CAT, cos it's much easier than ACCA. Hope you can cope with it. Oh ya, I saw your post in Sunway College. Anything you wanna ask about CAT in Sunway, you can ask too. My room mate is currently taking CAT now. I can ask on your behalf.

Yes you can take any papers you want from any colleges actually. Like one paper from Sunway, another paper from Kasturi. If you want to work and study, I suggest you work when you are taking CAT, cos it's much easier than ACCA. Hope you can cope with it. Oh ya, I saw your post in Sunway College. Anything you wanna ask about CAT in Sunway, you can ask too. My room mate is currently taking CAT now. I can ask on your behalf.

Normally when we graduated from ACCA, how much the salary that we can get from a job if we have 3 years working experience?Do u know bout that? Really thanks a lot for ur help. Your friend taking CAT in sunway college? So normally how they pay for the fees? How much did she pay before entering the class?

Normally when we graduated from ACCA, how much the salary that we can get from a job if we have 3 years working experience?Do u know bout that? Really thanks a lot for ur help. Your friend taking CAT in sunway college? So normally how they pay for the fees? How much did she pay before entering the class?

I'm not sure about the salary. But for those who don't have working experience, the salary will be around RM2000 (or above!) according to my lecturer. You register yourself at the office, then they will lead you to the payment counter. Depends on what papers you take actually. Normally CAT per semester will be around RM3000-RM4000. I think the admin staffs will help you much more on the payment. Anyway, you coming Sunway? The English course??

I'm not sure about the salary. But for those who don't have working experience, the salary will be around RM2000 (or above!) according to my lecturer. You register yourself at the office, then they will lead you to the payment counter. Depends on what papers you take actually. Normally CAT per semester will be around RM3000-RM4000. I think the admin staffs will help you much more on the payment. Anyway, you coming Sunway? The English course??

there will be a good salary If we got working experience huh? rite? Well, i think i will finish the CAT course at Kasturi first so that i will enter to sunway college for the ACCA course. its too wasting time to take the english course.. haa.. maybe when the next time i enter the college u already graudate. :P

there will be a good salary If we got working experience huh? rite? Well, i think i will finish the CAT course at Kasturi first so that i will enter to sunway college for the ACCA course. its too wasting time to take the english course.. haa.. maybe when the next time i enter the college u already graudate. :P

Oh I see.. Ya, I think it's a waste of time too. Hopefully cos I wish I can graduate soon too, by this year end. If you have any queries, don't hesitate to ask ya!! Well, all the best to you k!!

u mean KLCC or KL o??? :lol:

which lecturer is good depends on what paper you are taking....mind to tell me what papers you are going to attempt and i can suggest you?? :)

do you haf any suggestion coz i planning to take p1 n p2 paper.. which school would u recommend.. thx!

Oh I see.. Ya, I think it's a waste of time too. Hopefully cos I wish I can graduate soon too, by this year end. If you have any queries, don't hesitate to ask ya!! Well, all the best to you k!!

means that u studied for few years already, this will be the last year? thats good.

Do u have msn messenger? Maybe we could have a lil chat at there?

CAT course at Sunway costs around RM10K for the whole year's course incl books and exam fees etc. If you take the whole 2 1/2- 3years of ACCA here incl CAT, it will cost around RM40K. 2 1/2 yr is probably for those super students and 3 years is the average. so if you take full time, you can get ur ACCA within 3yr of hard core studying. For the SPM school leaver, this is certainly ideal as you graduate by the time you are 20yr old. If you graduate with top results, you are likely to be recruited by the top 5 accounting firms in Msia and your starting pay could be around RM2800(according to fren in Ernst Young). After 3 years, my fren opted out of auditing and working now in a big multinational company as a finance exec and her pay is around 6K. She is so happy as no more long work hours. So the 3yr study + 3 years "internship" work = Big Payoff and $.

Hope the above info useful and helps.

CAT course at Sunway costs around RM10K for the whole year's course incl books and exam fees etc. If you take the whole 2 1/2- 3years of ACCA here incl CAT, it will cost around RM40K. 2 1/2 yr is probably for those super students and 3 years is the average. so if you take full time, you can get ur ACCA within 3yr of hard core studying. For the SPM school leaver, this is certainly ideal as you graduate by the time you are 20yr old. If you graduate with top results, you are likely to be recruited by the top 5 accounting firms in Msia and your starting pay could be around RM2800(according to fren in Ernst Young). After 3 years, my fren opted out of auditing and working now in a big multinational company as a finance exec and her pay is around 6K. She is so happy as no more long work hours. So the 3yr study + 3 years "internship" work = Big Payoff and $.

Hope the above info useful and helps.

Ur fren study and work at the same time? So when she get interview after the ACCA, she get a good salary?

That's why all of them said that should work and continue study for ACCA at the same time.

my fren took a long time b4 she got her ACCA qualifications as she work and study same time.She says its very tough. Thats why she advise to concentrate and study all the 3years and get ur ACCA 1st b4 u think about working. You can opt to get a degree in finance and accounting halfway thru ur ACCA(after 2 yr) course by submitting a long dissertation. Thats what my fren did, and then she start working. Study part time for ACCA last few papers. But she said its so tiring cos auditing work is also long hours. Many ppl give up. However if you have ACCA qualifications, u are assured of a good salary! Go to sunway or a few other colleges and inquire about the pathway. Have a clearer picture b4 you commit so that you dont waste ur time and $.

Hi, I am going to be 25 this year and would like to take up the acca course, I have a basic degree, but do not have any accounting background. I am currently working. Would it be too late to take up the acca course by looking at my age and also the duration to complete the whole course?

my fren took a long time b4 she got her ACCA qualifications as she work and study same time.She says its very tough. Thats why she advise to concentrate and study all the 3years and get ur ACCA 1st b4 u think about working. You can opt to get a degree in finance and accounting halfway thru ur ACCA(after 2 yr) course by submitting a long dissertation. Thats what my fren did, and then she start working. Study part time for ACCA last few papers. But she said its so tiring cos auditing work is also long hours. Many ppl give up. However if you have ACCA qualifications, u are assured of a good salary! Go to sunway or a few other colleges and inquire about the pathway. Have a clearer picture b4 you commit so that you dont waste ur time and $.

Liyen, would u like to chat with me in msn ? Just wanna know more bout that? Thanks

Tigerbabe, its better if you go to the college and inquire ur options dear. I didnt mean to discourage or anything. Some people may be better at studies than others. U can talk to sunway counsellor at no obligation and find out for yourself. I find they are very frank and honest. Also please go into ACCA london website - accaglobal.com where you can find testimonies and other info . ACCA is very much different from LCCI which is just bookkeeping/accounts.

Tigerbabe, its better if you go to the college and inquire ur options dear. I didnt mean to discourage or anything. Some people may be better at studies than others. U can talk to sunway counsellor at no obligation and find out for yourself. I find they are very frank and honest. Also please go into ACCA london website - accaglobal.com where you can find testimonies and other info . ACCA is very much different from LCCI which is just bookkeeping/accounts.

Anyway, thanks for your sugges.

Hi! I though of taking CAT too but am worried cause i'm poor in my maths? CAT or LCCI need good in math? I heard that CAT more on theory while LCCI more on practical... :(

erm, CAT doesn't need complicated math .. i don't know bout LCCI.. i'm taking acca now =)

When u go to acca part 3, mostly everything is in theory..

Anyway, there is an offer by my college for the students to take LCCI MYOB external paper for a very low cost. I am not sure whether I should go for it. I am pretty sure that I would do quite bad in that practical exam since I suck in it but heard that if you passed, the cert would help you in your career. Any advice?

erm, CAT doesn't need complicated math .. i don't know bout LCCI.. i'm taking acca now =)

When u go to acca part 3, mostly everything is in theory..

Ok.. Thanks! :D