Sign in to follow this  
Mun-Aki

ACCA-LCCI

thanks for the advice :) attitude is always the key of success

wow RM5k-RM8k, thts alot.

where did u work? M'sia? not working for audit firm?

I should say after 5 years...u can get around RM5k-RM8k. I have been working in factory as i am from CIMA. It is widely accepted and high pay. I am also a World Prize Winner in 1996. Wow...that is more than 12 years back. I always encourage young boy & girls to complete your accounting till degree or professional courses. Do not stop halfway as "Part-Professional". It is neither here nor there. The pay is terrible too. Furthermore, no much room for career advancement.

Anyway, i am started my own business with my wife together since a few years back. She is from CIMA too. Using all your skills and knowledge for your own business do pay off.

I should say after 5 years...u can get around RM5k-RM8k. I have been working in factory as i am from CIMA. It is widely accepted and high pay. I am also a World Prize Winner in 1996. Wow...that is more than 12 years back. I always encourage young boy & girls to complete your accounting till degree or professional courses. Do not stop halfway as "Part-Professional". It is neither here nor there. The pay is terrible too. Furthermore, no much room for career advancement.

Anyway, i am started my own business with my wife together since a few years back. She is from CIMA too. Using all your skills and knowledge for your own business do pay off.

wow! world prize winner *faint*

wa so good starting own business, no need to spend whole life working for others. it's wht I'm looking for also!

all the best to ur business o! 2 accountants, no prob ;)

wow! world prize winner *faint*

wa so good starting own business, no need to spend whole life working for others. it's wht I'm looking for also!

all the best to ur business o! 2 accountants, no prob ;)

haih..should work harder in CAT to get a world prize or malaysia prize....now in acca..chances is soooooooooooooooooo low,can say impossible also...but my batch got alot of genius....so unlucky....only my class alone already have 4 world prize winner(t3,t4,t6,t7,t8)....another class also got few people...i heard last time 1 batch only got 1 or 2 world prize winners...nowadays world really change alot...

haih..should work harder in CAT to get a world prize or malaysia prize....now in acca..chances is soooooooooooooooooo low,can say impossible also...but my batch got alot of genius....so unlucky....only my class alone already have 4 world prize winner(t3,t4,t6,t7,t8)....another class also got few people...i heard last time 1 batch only got 1 or 2 world prize winners...nowadays world really change alot...

4 world prizes? 4 100% scorer *faint* *faint*

I nearly get one when I was in CAT, haha very funny dunno in t1 or t2 but t3,4,6,7,8 really crazy ppl

part 2 acca doesnt equal to a degree.

audit firm will stil prefer degree holder than part 2 acca holder, cz it means u actually hvnt finished the studies, not yet covered all areas. degree holder is able to do the work that acca holder does, only that degree holder cant be 'upgraded' to accountant.

completed part 2 acca will qualify you to obtain a degree. submit a degree thesis, if pass, then u will be a degree holder. :) but this direct-ship is not provided by every acca provider.

sunway does provide part time classes. :)

acca part 2 doesnt equal to a degree.

completed acca part 3 doesnt equal to a master.

it is stated by ACCA that part 2 is equivalent to degree. whereas part 3 is equivalent to a UK master degree. of coz. if u compare part 2 to uni degree holder. the degree holder should stand a higher chance of getting hired.

i'm in mid way of part 2.. the rest of the papers r all soo tough.. i dont know whether should i continue. i didnt register for june exam.

i'm not a smart person, i hav really put in alot of effort to clear my law paper. & managed to score 76 marks. after resit for the 3rd time!

the first 2 times. i got 45 marks. i know y i didnt do well. itz all because of my interest level. law is too much theory. and i'm bad at tat. tats y i really study very hard to clear tis paper. unlike tax, i did not revise much. still manage to score abv 70 marks.

i really dunno should i continue wif the rest of the papers? btw i'm from JB but is working & studying in spore. i do not hav much time to accompany my mum except for wkend (i'm staying in spore)

another reason of halting the course is oso bcoz of my mum. i wish to spend more time wif her. she's 60 tis yr. i think i can resume anytime i wan in future? spending for time wif my mum is more impt now?

i hope i hav made a correct decision

Edited by caterpillar

Acca course is a big headache man....hate P3....so stressful la...part 1 is still honey moon....part 2 is still half honey moon...part 3 is no life....after part 3 is life which go under a big transformation wif the quaification tat u have which means heaven i think....

a point to note there though...acca is not a theory paper 100% definately..part 1 is theory la...part 2 oso half theory la....part 1 n part 2 is like teaching u a basic skill how to survive under the operation level of a company...where else part 3 is all about application and synthesis which put u under managerial level of thinking...

kinda dont giv a shit when ppl say u wont say graduate from acca cos it feels easy to me but giv kinda a pressure when u reach part 3..

hi

May i know anyone attending F7 class now?

i am attending f7 class in sunway college now...anything?

im dun have basic knowledge of account..

but i wanna taking account course..

is better i start at lcci or CAT..

ACCA part 1 need how much time to finish it?

ACCA part 2and 3 need how much time to finish it?

i advise u to start from cat becoz it can provide u better basic before u can enter to acca part2 becoz it has tax and audit paper and u will ned this knowledge in part 2 and 3,i personally start from cat,it takes me 1 year to complete it,not really that tough,quite enjoying,acca part 1 need about 6 to 9 months if i am not wrong,where part 2 and 3 depends on how many papers u take for each sem,normally ppl will choose complete it in 2 yrs time including OBU(degree),hope this helps..hehe

same tot wif winnie@, better start from CAT.

another thing, never plan "need to take how long" to finish ACCA. ;) (Always Come and Come Again)

just kidding ya, all the best too

Edited by Aster

,i personally start from cat,it takes me 1 year to complete it,

i find in internet..normally there will say CAT will need 1.5 year..but u jz spend 1 year..

where u take tis course?

i took it in sunway college...not sure y is 1.5yrs,but as i know,most ppl finish it in 1 yr...but it will be like acca,u can choose how many papers u wan to take for each sem,so u can decide when u wan to finish the course,but i think 1 yr is ok..

i took it in sunway college...not sure y is 1.5yrs,but as i know,most ppl finish it in 1 yr...but it will be like acca,u can choose how many papers u wan to take for each sem,so u can decide when u wan to finish the course,but i think 1 yr is ok..

sunway college they provide part time courses for CAT?

Thanks for ur info~ :D

hi there,

im interested to study in accounting. I wish to start from CAT course, but which college provide this course? not for sunway college, because they asked me to take an english course first. it cost rm3300. Because this is the fifth years that i graduated after form 5, so they said must take this english course before i start the CAT course.

I was force to stop my studies because of the financial problems, but now is the time to get started.So any sugges for me? thanks

hi there,

im interested to study in accounting. I wish to start from CAT course, but which college provide this course? not for sunway college, because they asked me to take an english course first. it cost rm3300. Because this is the fifth years that i graduated after form 5, so they said must take this english course before i start the CAT course.

I was force to stop my studies because of the financial problems, but now is the time to get started.So any sugges for me? thanks

If Sunway asks you to start with an English course first, I am guessing that other colleges would be the same. However, you may want to try out your luck. I know McOrange Institution offers CAT too, it is located around or inside Petaling Street, I cannot recall lol. Near Masjid Jamek.

hi there,

For Sunway UC, they require a minimum Credit in English of SPM. Other colleges I am not very sure. Yea, MC Orange, Kasturi and Kolej Bandar all around Petaling Street also offering CAT courses. All the best to you!

For Sunway UC, they require a minimum Credit in English of SPM. Other colleges I am not very sure. Yea, MC Orange, Kasturi and Kolej Bandar all around Petaling Street also offering CAT courses. All the best to you!

Yea. i did have 9 credit subjects including english and math. Well, i will try another college. MCorange, Is it famous with accounting? Segi dont have CAT,rite?

If Sunway asks you to start with an English course first, I am guessing that other colleges would be the same. However, you may want to try out your luck. I know McOrange Institution offers CAT too, it is located around or inside Petaling Street, I cannot recall lol. Near Masjid Jamek.

thanks for your sugges. Its bothering me, dont know what to do now. Beside CAT, i was thiking to study diploma in accounting. It need 2 1/2 year to finish up, it may take a long time. So i just give up, now searching for the college that provided CAT course. Its hard.

Yea. i did have 9 credit subjects including english and math. Well, i will try another college. MCorange, Is it famous with accounting? Segi dont have CAT,rite?

Huh.. then I wonder why they need you to take English course..

Not very sure about Mc Orange. But I heard Kasturi is not bad. Erm, about SEGI, I am not sure whether they provide CAT course or not, but they have ACCA.

Huh.. then I wonder why they need you to take English course..

Not very sure about Mc Orange. But I heard Kasturi is not bad. Erm, about SEGI, I am not sure whether they provide CAT course or not, but they have ACCA.

Ic. kasturi not bad izzit? will it be far away from my place? i stay in puchong. So how bout u? wat did u studying?

Ic. kasturi not bad izzit? will it be far away from my place? i stay in puchong. So how bout u? wat did u studying?

Kasturi ya, that's what I heard from. But do check out and research may be asking a few more babes here about any colleges.

Kasturi is near the Plaza Rakyat Putra station. Either way, you can take a bus to Kota Raya/ Pudu area. It is within walking distance tho.

I am in Sunway UC, ACCA.

Kasturi ya, that's what I heard from. But do check out and research may be asking a few more babes here about any colleges.

Kasturi is near the Plaza Rakyat Putra station. Either way, you can take a bus to Kota Raya/ Pudu area. It is within walking distance tho.

I am in Sunway UC, ACCA.

Thats great, means that u did finished CAT ? just wondering the fees for CAT, izzit very expensive ? How was the payment going?

Thats great, means that u did finished CAT ? just wondering the fees for CAT, izzit very expensive ? How was the payment going?

Nope. I didn't take CAT.. I took ACCA straight away after my STPM. CAT is surely cheaper than ACCA.

Here is the link to Kasturi College's fees.. click! Hope that helps.