Sign in to follow this  
Mun-Aki

ACCA-LCCI

I am studying LCCI course here. Taking only 4 subjects MYOB, Accounting, Business Satistics and Advanced Business Calculation. If I pass all will get a LCCI Diploma in Accounting and a cer for MYOB.

I am having exam this year 2007 series 2.

Anyone same with me?

Which college are you studying?

What is your path after this? ACCA? Degree?

Any idea about ACCA or Degree? Good and Bad?

Please help!!! :tear:

actually i m currently taking B.Acct in university, now already in 2nd year...

for me, i think is ok for taking degree 1st then only continue ACCA coz can save money and got a few paper can be exempted lor... :D:D ..

but anyway, taking which path is still on your own consideration lo..

how much can a degree in acc cost? cheaper than ACCA?

kittyn@^.^@ : thks, where u study? how much the cost?

Hi mun-aki!currently i'm still taking acca.overall,acca are much more cheaper than degree in accounting but with the condition that u nvr fail a single paper.ACCA are much more difficult than degree so that impossible not to fail & its 100% exams.

actually finish part 2 mean equal to a degree right?

100% exam is so stressful.

i dont i can make it anot with full time working and part times studying.

actually acca is not that expensive if u calculate the whole course. provided u dun keep failing. i used less than RM20k included course fee, exam fee, registration fee and annual fee. I did failed.

What i wan to stressed out here is even after u take degree, than acca..yes..u r exempted..but still u need to pay for the exempted papers which the cost equivalent to the fees for each paper u take if u dun exempt. why dun u just go straight to acca instead of degree-acca, dont u think this will waste ur time?? just my opinion.

actually finish part 2 mean equal to a degree right?

100% exam is so stressful.

i dont i can make it anot with full time working and part times studying.

they said finish part 2 equal to a degree. finish part 3 equal to master. but dun take this for granted. as most of the companies including audit firm, will NORMALLY take graduate acca or degree holder than halfly passed acca. they have so many to choose, why they wan to choose you, which u haven't pass all? again...just my opinion. :)

actually acca is not that expensive if u calculate the whole course. provided u dun keep failing. i used less than RM20k included course fee, exam fee, registration fee and annual fee. I did failed.

What i wan to stressed out here is even after u take degree, than acca..yes..u r exempted..but still u need to pay for the exempted papers which the cost equivalent to the fees for each paper u take if u dun exempt. why dun u just go straight to acca instead of degree-acca, dont u think this will waste ur time?? just my opinion.

they said finish part 2 equal to a degree. finish part 3 equal to master. but dun take this for granted. as most of the companies including audit firm, will NORMALLY take graduate acca or degree holder than halfly passed acca. they have so many to choose, why they wan to choose you, which u haven't pass all? again...just my opinion. :)

isit true part 2 acca means equal to a degree??

actually i m taking acounting course at a public university in malaysia..so the cost definitely can't be compared with those study in college n oso the acca....hehe....i think it's cost about RM30k for 4 yrs in here ....

it's not alwiz d case..depends on which paper u took when u completed ur degree?some of my frens didnt get full exemption frm part 2 as they didnt meet few requirements.

well in the end going for acca a 100% exam is better to me...

thanks for the info until now.

any good place in kl for acca course? part times and not very expensive.

alot of my frens went to FTMS.the lecturer thr are veri experience & passing rate thr is quite high but of coz lah u aso must work 4it.

the fees thr r much more cheaper than sunway but i dun think sunway does provide part time classes but at tis moment dun registered yet wait till next year coz they change the syllabus d & it effect frm next year.they will change the syllabus every 10yrs & they aso give u 10yrs 2complete ur acca.Hope i did answer ur question.ALL THE BEST!!

this is what they claimed..provided you passed all the papers in part 2.

it's not alwiz d case..depends on which paper u took when u completed ur degree?some of my frens didnt get full exemption frm part 2 as they didnt meet few requirements.

you are correct kylie :wink3:

FTMS use to be one of the good college last time...but not now i guess...

dont go for college...go for the lecturers...what i mean here is..a lecturer is good for a certain paper...so if he/she good for this paper..then u go for his/her class..no matter where he/she is...

acca class...normally we dun go for college...we go for lecturers... ^_^

alot of my frens went to FTMS.the lecturer thr are veri experience & passing rate thr is quite high but of coz lah u aso must work 4it.

the fees thr r much more cheaper than sunway but i dun think sunway does provide part time classes but at tis moment dun registered yet wait till next year coz they change the syllabus d & it effect frm next year.they will change the syllabus every 10yrs & they aso give u 10yrs 2complete ur acca.Hope i did answer ur question.ALL THE BEST!!

now the good college i think is near petaling street there one...aiyo..suddenly forgot the college name....

ftms use to be one of the good college with good lecturers....but now all the good lecturers already no more there...left inexperience lecturers.....

im one of the ex-ftms student. :wink3:

acca part 2 internally accessed is available in TARC. while taking the internal college paper part 2, if u passed internal, external u r exempted. only available in tarc malaysia only. some benefited from it n straight to part 3 2nd yr.

so, my main concern is, it's really acca part 2 is equivalent to a degree?? if i have finished.

n part3=master???

hope u guys und wut i meant.....

acca part 2 internally accessed is available in TARC. while taking the internal college paper part 2, if u passed internal, external u r exempted. only available in tarc malaysia only. some benefited from it n straight to part 3 2nd yr.

so, my main concern is, it's really acca part 2 is equivalent to a degree?? if i have finished.

n part3=master???

hope u guys und wut i meant.....

as i said...they claimed yes. But in reality..when u applying for job...u are same level as degree. but comparing you, acca holder and degree holder, you are in a better position! :clapclap:

really? meaning an acca part 2 holder only is bttr than a degree holder? if part 3 of coz no nid to fight.

thnks anyway for ur patience. i'm very concern wit tis issue very much. i gave up my internal for external only. coz i felt acca is the most high level in accounting. rite??

really? meaning an acca part 2 holder only is bttr than a degree holder? if part 3 of coz no nid to fight.

thnks anyway for ur patience. i'm very concern wit tis issue very much. i gave up my internal for external only. coz i felt acca is the most high level in accounting. rite??

what do u mean by gave up ur internal for external only?? i dont get you. 8)

no prob...i just wan to help each other ma....im acca affliate and working as auditor now. :wink3:

i gave up my internal meaning, b4 tis i m takin internal tat's college degree at the same time wit acca external (same paper oso). internal means college paper. i gave up coz my external i pass but internal fail. coz at 1st, i wanna have college degree alongwith acca. now tat i gave up, i only have acca. no more degree. so i m very particular bout part 2 acca equivalent to degree. so....und?hehe

thank for ur patience

Edited by Petite Cherie

i gave up my internal meaning, b4 tis i m takin internal tat's college degree at the same time wit acca external (same paper oso). internal means college paper. i gave up coz my external i pass but internal fail. coz at 1st, i wanna have college degree alongwith acca. now tat i gave up, i only have acca. no more degree. so i m very particular bout part 2 acca equivalent to degree. so....und?hehe

thank for ur patience

oic....dun worry so much...ur choice is definitely correct! and congrats you that u passed you external paper. I see so many frens that from internal to external...they can passed in flying colors for thier internal..but failed badly on thier external...but u are great!! you passed external!! congrats to you! :clapclap:

thnks a bunch. i felt so relieved. coz i'm scared being silly dumping internal. coz my coursmates all dumped internal instead of exteral. claiming it a suicide.

THNKS!! so happy now. arigato. so perplexed state at 1st. now i m so relieved. :wub: :wub:

thanks for the reply...

i learn alot about what i want too.

actually how much will part 1 cost?

how they count the membership things?

if we want to take acca exam, we need to be member and pay $$$ every year?

next year new syb, thanks for telling me...

thanks for the reply...

i learn alot about what i want too.

actually how much will part 1 cost?

how they count the membership things?

if we want to take acca exam, we need to be member and pay $$$ every year?

next year new syb, thanks for telling me...

u can check with acca website for the fees...www.accaglobal.com im not quite sure about the fee structure...

if u wan to take acca exam...u need to pay annual fee (pay yearly) and exam fee per paper...depending what paper and how many paper you are taking...

first stage...student

second stage...affliate...(upon passed all the papers)

third stage...only reach member...

every stage annual fee is different...the higher stage the fee is more expensive lo... :P

finish utar degree in acc is = to part 1 n part 2. can direct to part 3. can save some fees, rite? but acca is most more cheaper than degree right? the degree cost is about 24k ++....

which lecturer good for part one? any info ?

finish utar degree in acc is = to part 1 n part 2. can direct to part 3. can save some fees, rite? but acca is most more cheaper than degree right? the degree cost is about 24k ++....

which lecturer good for part one? any info ?

utar degree direct to part 3 im not quite sure...u have to check with ACCA Msia. its all depends on what papers you have taken before so u can get exemption. But i "guess" shd be ok. coz i see most of the degree holder can direct to part 3. :wink3: refer back to your q that direct to part 3 can save some fees, i do not think so as if you get exemption up to part 2 and only need to attempt part 3, but you are still required to pay the for the papers you get exempted. means part 1 and part 2 total papers are 9...so 9 papers times the exam fee for that paper is the total payment you need to pay.

acca is much more cheaper than a degree in a sense that if you take acca since part one. not after u gettting a degree then go to acca. coz degree...about 24k++ plus acca exemption fee + exam fee for part 3 papers....

ok...acca is much more cheaper than degree. that confirm...

klcc got any place for acca course part times?

or which lecturer is good?

u mean KLCC or KL o??? :lol:

which lecturer is good depends on what paper you are taking....mind to tell me what papers you are going to attempt and i can suggest you?? :)