Sign in to follow this  
cleopatra

Gardasil

GARDASIL

GARDASIL the only vaccine that prevent cervical cancer.. perhaps you've heard from friends about this but i haven't see anything about Gardasil posted..

Gardasil is given in three injections over six months, namely at enrollment, and two and six months later.. i've done my first jab during the weekends and it cost me RM400 per jab, totalling to RM1200 for all 3 jabs..

Gardasil may help guard against diseases that are caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) Types 6, 11, 16, and 18 which can causes:-

*cervical cancer

*cervical abnormalities that can sometimes lead to cervical cancer

*genital warts

HPV Types 16 and 18 cause 70% of cervical cancer cases, and HPV Types 6 and 11 cause 90% of genital warts cases.

Gardasil is for girls and women ages 9 to 26 and it works when given before you have any contact with HPV Types 6, 11, 16, and 18.. if you've already been infected with HPV, you may still benefit from Gardasil because it is unlikely that you have been infected with all 4 types of the virus covered by the vaccine.. for women ages 26 and above, you can still take Gardasil but it will not be effective as 26 and below..

Note:

GARDASIL may not fully protect everyone and does not prevent all types of cervical cancer, so it is important to continue regular cervical cancer screenings..

GARDASIL is not for women who are pregnant..

GARDASIL will not treat these diseases and will not protect against diseases caused by other types of HPV..

www.gardasil.com

Edited by cleopatra

Yay, good to know that someone knows about Gardasil! :D I've actually posted about this briefly in the STI section. :) Anyway, where did you get the jab from? I was looking to get the vaccine as I've had first hand knowledge about it in the US. It cost USD120 per jab there though.

i got it from a friend parent's women clinic in johor bahru.. :P

CHU CLINIC FOR WOMEN SDN BHD

6-B Jalan Harimau, Taman Century

80250 Johor Bahru, Johor

Tel:607-3322373

heard that it costs RM480 per dose!! and one needs 3 doses... so if really want to jab, have to prepared 480 x 3 = close to RM1500 for 6 months..

recently read reports of girls having fainting spells after the injections!! scary... dun want to faint on the way back home..imagine if i m driving and suddently that happens!!

only heard of this reported in US.. well, not sure whether its really related to the injections, maybe us babes are too scared of needles? :P

last week my mom just told me bout it, she wanna takes me for that injection, its about rm1800 for 3 doses...

It's interesting to know how much the rate differs. The rate quoted by a pharmacist was RM 420 for a jab and according to a nurse, the doctor's office gets the jab for RM 300+.

Yeah, I read that as well. The National Cancer Society of Malaysia is offering the vaccine at a subsidised price of RM 999 at its Women's Cancer Detection & Breast Clinic. Call 03-2698 7351 for more details. :)

Just a quick update as I just called the National Cancer Society of Malaysia. They are offering the vaccine at RM 1200 at its Women's Cancer Detection & Breast Clinic now. Payment is a one-time thing, no installments.

Edited by weN

for anyone over 26 years old, the vaccine might not be useful, according to the doctor.. unless you are still a virgin! :P

so, before we all rush over to get jabbed, think again... better learn more about the vaccine before spending the lump sum..unless money is not an issue..

QUOTE (Wishingstarr @ Apr 4 2007, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for anyone over 26 years old, the vaccine might not be useful, according to the doctor.. unless you are still a virgin! tongue.gif

so, before we all rush over to get jabbed, think again... better learn more about the vaccine before spending the lump sum..unless money is not an issue..

Not true..please check with the doctor..if you are not a virgin anymore, you need to go for pap smear..if you already have the HPV virus, injections are useless...

The price is quite cheap compared to few years back..now for 3 jabs can be as low as RM500-RM600...i used to take 1 jab for RM350-380...

QUOTE (galgal @ Jul 2 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i hv jz taken my first jab of gardasil yesterday!! hehe.. i got three doses for the price at rm600 (subsidized price tongue.gif)

hi galgal...sory to dissappoint u..FYI,EVEN with subsidized price 2 doses also our cost is more then $450..so i wonder 3 doses =$600??? or the possibility is ur injecting CERVARIX & not GARDASIL,Pls cek with ur doc. & ask for difference between the two.dr.alv

QUOTE (stardust @ Nov 1 2009, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this vaccine only to be taken once in a life time?? or to be taken again every 5 or 10 years??

hi.update till today, the company still not very sure that those injected need to re-inject the vaccine yet,probably YES like the Hepatitis vaccines.dr.alv