Sign in to follow this  
pinkiee

Buying a condominium on the top floor

Anyone know why units on higher floors are more expensive? Each storey high is RM1000 more expensive. What are the advantages and disadvantages of living on the highest floor?

the higher it is, more cost is involved... tat's wat i think :)

and the higher u r, u can see better view & more freshy air gua :lol:

There are also condo for family living. Are you talking about safety or space? Isn't 4 rooms enough?

Cyberjaya is too far away from the city, where I work.

To me, I think it's the view and windy. But, some people say high is not good. Some says water may leak from the water tank on the roof. Some say too high, if no electricity, lift not working, how?

Edited by pinkiee

hahaha... It's strange that higher floors are more expensive. I believe that the pros and cons balance out. I do like upper floors though - they're more airy, bright and far from traffic noise. But I do hate it when the lifts break down. No matter what your RE agent tells you, they do. Also yes, you have problems with the ceiling leaks. Not that it doesn't happen anyway sometimes on lower floors - particularly bathroom leaks or ceiling water stains. It does happen. Make sure you have a good look for water damage on walls and ceilings before you buy.

One thing I hate about condos -- the management. One of these days I'm going to set their office on fire. Slow to solve problems, fast to collect money.

The higher the condominium, the more expensive because that's what everybody prefer - scenic, better air, high away from traffic noices. If you have money to buy top floor condominium (not sure if it is Penthouse) but still i know it's expensive, i'll advise you to buy a land house. The best reason - you don't have to pay maintenance fees for life!

Lift break down... nah, i believe all condominium will have at least 4 lifts. But you might have to wait for the lift - one by one till get to your floor which it's very fed up. What if you have emergency like going to the bathroom? What if it got fire, will you dare to jump from the top floor or take the stairs down (you might have chance to burn like barbeque :lol: )?

Furthermore, most condominium parking only limited to one space per unit. If you have 2 cars will need to buy another space. I assume you are rich, then i got nothing to say :lol: Another trouble is when your friends or relatives looking for you, they will get trouble by identification from the security guard. That's what i hate.

Sorry la... never stay in condominium so didn't know if every condominium got penthouse.

If it is a penthouse, again asuming you are rich, just get a house on the hill :lol:

House on hill is far from city. :)

And if one lift breaks down, usually you have to wait a while before you can get into one of the others - they're full and stop on every floor.

Parking space isn't that much of a problem -- just get two units. :P Since you're rich. :P

But still troublesome to stay in condominium when you do a lot of shopping, or when moving furnitures to the house.

You do the moving yourself? How much furniture you buy? You shopaholic, you! :P

I am too small and "boh lat" to do the moving myself :P Of coz will have few ppl to help. Again, too much up and down is tiring and who knows will scratch the new furnitures. Your house ain't just got a small coffee table, a 12" TV, a handheld radio or just a tilam to sleep :lol:

Girl wuts.... love shopping, who doesn't? Even if don't, you still need to buy and top up daily used stuff, not everyday of coz. Once a month sure die.

I am too small and "boh lat" to do the moving myself :P Of coz will have few ppl to help. Again, too much up and down is tiring and who knows will scratch the new furnitures. Your house ain't just got a small coffee table, a 12" TV, a handheld radio or just a tilam to sleep :lol:

Girl wuts.... love shopping, who doesn't? Even if don't, you still need to buy and top up daily used stuff, not everyday of coz. Once a month sure die.

Hey girl, i live strip down leh. I very simple... TV bed and a big bath tub...enough. :)

Hey girl, i live strip down leh. I very simple... TV bed and a big bath tub...enough. :)

If i go to your house i see more than tv an bed, they are all mine ok :clapclap:

When i rented a room last time, my stuff is little too. Everytime moving just my two bags luggage and a laptop kau tim. But when you own a place to settle down permanently, thing is different. You'll have more and more stuff.

Guys n girls,

pls stick back to the topic and not wander off.

As for 1 condo have 1 parking space .....i notice some PJ new develop condo allocate 2 parking for the owner. KL i'm not sure tho.

staying in condo you'll have security and swimming pool. I know lots of girlfriend of mine prefer to stay in condo alone coz of the security compare to having their own place. Also having a condo means less rooms/space to clean up after.

Guys n girls,

pls stick back to the topic and not wander off.

As for 1 condo have 1 parking space .....i notice some PJ new develop condo allocate 2 parking for the owner. KL i'm not sure tho.

staying in condo you'll have security and swimming pool. I know lots of girlfriend of mine prefer to stay in condo alone coz of the security compare to having their own place. Also having a condo means less rooms/space to clean up after.

Sorry...

Yeah, condo have less place and rooms to clean up. But what we talk about is a penthouse. Can be quite big.

Security... hmm.... depend on how strick and reponsible is the security guard. There is one in Penang with 30+ floor still got burglar broke in, forget which floor, it's either 32 or 34.

I agree with the convenience of facilities provided. If is me, i will just go to my friend's condo :P Furthermore, i don't use it everyday than have to pay the maintenance fees my whole life. The maintenance fees is not cheap, can goes to RM1000 per month, depend on which condo.

Edited by smileyc240

Sorry, the top floor is not a penthouse. It is just like every other unit on other floors. It's quite an average size, which is 1129 sf. I've never stayed in a condo.

The reason I want to buy the condo is because it's near kl city, where I work, at the same time, away from traffic noise. It is so convenient to go to work by just taking the lrt and public transport is easily available, plus there schools, shops, shopping complex and town park within walking distance.

The cons are the management fee about RM180 for life (it's ok lar coz I love swimming and exercise, I like to get physical :) but it's only 25m, half of Olympic size swimming pool, which is 50m and I think joining the gym is more expensive), long wait for lifts if break down and family and friends may have problem finding parking space. There's parking space for outsiders but need to pay. Else, they will need to park at the roadside or near the shoplots.

Oh yeah, it has kl city view too. Can see the Twin Towers, which to me, is a beautiful sight.

And I'm not rich. Can't find a landed property for the same price near the city.

I'm settling down with my fiaunce. So, only 2 of us will be living in it for now.

I guess we are paying more for top floors because it's more airy, away from traffic noise and the view. Is that it? Still doesn't make sense though. Having to pay RM1000 more for every floor higher for these 3 pros.

Edited by pinkiee

rm180 for maintenance for the size u took is dam worthwhile. THe condo tat i'm interested in now is 0.26cents per sf.. which i think it's dam a lot... n seems like it's much more exp than urs in many aspects... for mine, every floor higher extra rm1100. :(

Oh!!! Means mine consider ok already. But, maintenance fees may change. It depends on the management.

tat one i duno.. coz my maintenance fees already include sinking fund. May i know where's ur condo pinkiee? coz i think ours r quite near as i can view twin tower from my side too! :P

My condo is in cheras, near Jaya Jusco Maluri. It should be ready with CF by August 2007. Where's yours?

is it the one behind menara PGRM?

I havent place booking yet but eyeing on axis crown which is in ampang :)

Yup, the one behind Menara PGRM. I have heard of Axis Crown but didn't go to the showroom.

i did concern about that b4.. which floor u bought? and wat cause u prompt out a question like this since u've owned a unit there? :lol1:

21st floor :)