Sign in to follow this  
WildBerry

Coloured Contacts .. Harm or No harm?

Heya babes,

I'm not sure if you girls has any effects on wearing coloured contacts, but one of my colleagues warn me that coloured contact does bring harm to eyes.. I'm not sure how true is that..

Anyone has any experience before?

:)

TIA! :wink3:

How does it harm? If you get from reputable brands and keep it clean enough, it shouldn't be a problem. :unsure: What I know is permanent colored lens is indeed drier compared to normal disposable lens but I never heard anything about it being harmful. More info please. :praisegod::P

i heard that not just coloured lens but contact lens itself, in the long run, can be harmful..heard la...dunno true or not..

but my housemate told me last time he wear contact lens every day (since high school).. but now he wear a few hours only..cos if wear longer than a few hours his eyes will be sore and red.

i dunno la.. i dun wear contacts or glasses. :P

I think you're referring to oxygen starvation? If so, yes contact lenses of any kind is harmful if you wear them too long. Glasses are better. Wear coloured lenses. :)

I'm not too sure about it coz my colleague says it harms your eyes and she said it will make our cornea (kornea in bm) changes its colour gradually. I'm not too sure about this.. but i think I need to google up for more info.. does anyone have any idea on this? 8)

one thing, it does make the eyes drier compared to the normal lenses (which is my personal opinion) 8)

yea...i think contact lens themselves are harmful if you do not do the right cleaning process, if your lens are kept cleaned there shouldnt be a problem.

if the lens are not clean, or maybe if your eyes are sensitive, then you probably can get eye infection or damage to your cornea

do you mean their normal lenses? I dont know but I have always been a Fresh Kon user since I started wearing glasses only at times I change it .. but somehow my eyes are as small as it is ... hhahah :lol: where you got that info from?

yes freshkon do have a series of contact lens for enlarging effect, its called 'Alluring eyes' i suppose, available in Brown and Black colour and it is monthly disposable. Its around RM60 outside..

yes freshkon do have a series of contact lens for enlarging effect, its called 'Alluring eyes' i suppose, available in Brown and Black colour and it is monthly disposable. Its around RM60 outside..

coz i have very small eyes you see... so i thought wan to make my eyes look bigger haha...

do you mean their normal lenses? I dont know but I have always been a Fresh Kon user since I started wearing glasses only at times I change it .. but somehow my eyes are as small as it is ... hhahah :lol: where you got that info from?

like what nicollete says there's a series called" alluring eyes"

i saw it in magazines

^ yes it does make yr pupils larger.. but the black one makes u look like ju-on... hehehe

haha! agree with you. i bought a pair, wore once n i dump it. Cos really looked weird n couldn't see clearly when i wore them (my sis said so too).

haha! agree with you. i bought a pair, wore once n i dump it. Cos really looked weird n couldn't see clearly when i wore them (my sis said so too).

so almost everyone here says it's not good

can buy one pair? 8)

i bought 30 (in a box) - for 15days (15 pairs).. pretty expensive RM140 :(

Although i don't wear coloured contacts, i do wear the colourless normal ones. I'm currently using Acuvue2 from J&J. I've been wearing it since i was 19 and so far it's going well. I guess contact wearers SHOULD be deligent in cleaning and taking care of the contacts. Some ppl sleep in it, hence the infection and what not. And i don't think my eye changed colour from then till now. It's still the same brown as it then.

i was on colored lenses for three months. well i guess they were sensitive enough to harm my left eye. it got swallon very badly N reddish that i thought i was gonna go blind. Went to the doc, did a scan N my left eye had changed color =/ luckily it didnt spread to the right eye, although that almost happened.

Well right now, although it got cured, both of my eyes are different. i get a blurry vision all the time. Extremely uncomfortable, had to struggle at work N what not. im never going to wear them anymore lol

um. Infections can happen without contacts. Maybe your lenses not cleaned properly. Or your cleaning solution contaminated. Also the very unlikely but possible (heck anything is possible) maybe you got a bad batch of some sort.