Sign in to follow this  
bronze_chiqz

Apple Cider Vinegar

Has anyone tried apple cider vinegar?It acts as a toner and many many western really swears by tiz.U can get tiz Apple Cider Vinegar at any supermarkets or Cold storage.I got mine abt rm 6.U have to mix 50/50 with water..1 things abt it dat the smell is awful but u have to bear wt it.I have small2 breakouts on my foreheads..so i took cootn ball n dipped the apple cider vingear..do it 2 dayz..breakouts gone..i just started using it last week..didnt try on my cheeks dats y tried on my forehead..so far itz gud.Lets see hpw it works..Btw, here 's the link

http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/home-remedies.html

Hmm that's interesting... apple cider is really good for sore throat as well. I take 1 table spoon of it with honey biggrin.gif

Has anyone tried apple cider vinegar?It acts as a toner and many many western really swears by tiz.U can get tiz Apple Cider Vinegar at any supermarkets or Cold storage.I got mine abt rm 6.U have to mix 50/50 with water..1 things abt it dat the smell is awful but u have to bear wt it.I have small2 breakouts on my foreheads..so i took cootn ball n dipped the apple cider vingear..do it 2 dayz..breakouts gone..i just started using it last week..didnt try on my cheeks dats y tried on my forehead..so far itz gud.Lets see hpw it works..Btw, here 's the link

http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/home-remedies.html

Really ah?? anyways, ur skin is sensitive or what? coz mine is and i dare not use any other things which will irritate my skin la. and yea, the smell's awful.

offtopic.gif the day after i broke up with my ex-bf. he came n look for me at my office, (coincidentally that day was my last day at the old office n my colleagues planned for a nice lunch together) and when i took back my fast n furious cd from him (he's waiting downstairs in his car), he asked me to go lunch with him and i say 'ew why ur car so smelly one?' coz he accidentally sprayed the cider thingy. EW.

yea the smell is awful..dats y better apply it on nite when u wanna sleep..the other day i accidnetally touch the bottle n wuz rushing to airport for my Kl flight.In the flight, i wus smelling sumthing terrible n keep looking where the smell came frm..ended coming frm my finger...!!eeeewww!!how embarassing is dat!hehehe!ut the ACV has lots of benefits la!!Gud for dandruff n make ur hair shinier as well..might wanna try..hey shazzac..have u tried estime yet

really for acne? I heard it very good for dandruff, i dunno bout acne.

I use to have bad acne n scar, i use lemon juice. I use mine at nite too and wash it off the next morning. Pimple n scar all clear off!! biggrin.gif but of coz only use on pimple n scar not the entire face. Might be stingy to some

I'm try this method before, but make my skin even worse. breakout more serious and the smell very bad. I don't dare to use again.

I'm try this method before, but make my skin even worse. breakout more serious and the smell very bad. I don't dare to use again.

huh?you sure?..

apple cider vinegar is good for a lot of things:

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away"

Apple cider vinegar is very effective in detoxicating various organs in the body together with the blood stream. Hence it is a purifier, as it has a means of breaking down fatty, mucous and phlegm deposits within the body. It therefore, promotes the health of the vital organs of the body e.g. kidneys, bladder, liver etc., by preventing an excessively alkaline urine. Apple cider vinegar also helps oxidate the blood which consequently prevents the blood from becoming too thick and gluey, which gives rise to a strained heart and blood vessels resulting in high blood pressure. Apple cider vinegar also promotes digestion, assimilation and elimination and it neutralizes any toxic substance taken into the body. There have been a number of instances where people who had taken a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water before a meal were unaffected by diarrhea, or digestive upsets, whilst their companions who ate the same meal were. Hence the cider vinegar seemed to neutralize the harmful substances in the food eaten.

Apple Cider Vinegar has been widely used as a successful remedy for a number of ailments. With the abuse of the body, inordinate amounts of waste matter have accumulated within the system. In the early stages these are not so apparent as the body is still vital enough to deal with this extra burden. However, if an attempt is not made to eradicate these toxic accumulations, the body has to deal with more and more pressure, resulting in aches and pains. Later in life these efforts to eliminate these encumbrances result in influenza, bronchitis etc.; and, if these healing efforts are suppressed by continued wrong living and drugs, the acute symptoms become chronic and insidious.

Rheumatism, arthritis, cancer, heart ailments, high blood pressure etc., are all signs that the body has been neglected by the suppression of natural healing crisises. There are certain preparations, however, which assist the body in eliminating these toxic substances and this is where these natural curative methods have found a valuable place in the healing arts. To abstain from those foods and drinks which add to this unnecessary accumulation, is a great assistance to the body i.e. those refined and denatured food items such as bread, starch, white sugar, and their products; together with the unnecessary food items which cause excessive mucous and toxic waste in the system e.g. meat, eggs, dairy produce, legumes, cereals.

In general apple cider vinegar is helpful for: well functioning metabolism, reducting cholesterol, regulating the water content in the cells and body, reducing water retention in the body, reducing excess sodium from the body, helps to regulate blood pressure, assists with preventing circulatory problems, helps with diminishing premature calcification of the arteries, helps increase concentration and memory, and assists in blood circulation.

Beneficial substances in Apple Cider Vinegar:

Scientists have measured ninety different substances in apple cider vinegar, such as thirteen types of carbolic acids, four aldehydes, twenty ketones, eighteen types of alcohol's, eight ethyl acetates etc. It also contains important minerals, trace elements and vitamins (as listed underneath) as well acetic acid, propionic acid, lactic acid, enzymes, amino acids and roughage in the form of apple pectin. The minerals and trace elements are potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, cholerine, sodium, sulfur, copper, iron, silicon and fluorine. Vitamins are: Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Provitamin beta-carotene and Vitamin P.

Apple cider vinegar has a potent supply of potassium which has become so widely acclaimed in the helping of various complaints including: running nose, excessive mucous formation, watery eyes, sinus and catarrhal troubles. Teeth decay and the splitting of finger nails are also signs of potassium deficiency which are remedied by taking apple cider vinegar. Potassium is essential for the normal growth of the body and for the replacement of worn-out tissues which depend upon the presence of this mineral. It is as important to the soft tissues, as calcium is to the bones and teeth and it also retards the hardening of the blood vessels.

As potassium is so important in the healthy growth of a plant, animal and human, a deficiency of this mineral will produce such tendencies as callous formations on the soles of the feet, or the failure to replace worn-out tissues as observed in the loss of hair.

Tests have proven that a soil deficient in this mineral-salt will produce anemic and undersized plants, however, when potassium is introduced into the soil the plant becomes sturdier and increases in height. This is also the case with animals, where potassium which was fed to livestock, in the form of cider vinegar, improved their appearance and stamina. Humans too, can benefit with this increased potassium intake. Especially where children are slow developers and appear undersized. A few teaspoons of apple cider vinegar taken with water each morning will show tremendous results. Potassium acts as a restraining influence upon those who are over excitable and nervous. It draws fluid back into the cells, for when potassium is lacking the body cells shrink and their normal activity is restricted.

Symptoms of Deficiency or Need:

It is claimed that the following conditions can be helped with Apple Cider Vinegar supplementation:

Acidity (Reducing body's acidity):

Apple Cider vinegar that has had eggshells soaked in it for two weeks becomes very alkalizing. One tablespoon can be taken in water every day, or add to your drink bottle for the day and sip at it. It is also full of highly absorbable calcium from the eggshells. This can be used daily to help the body maintain a more alkaline balance. (See recipe at the end of this page).

Acne, boils, etc.:

One tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar , one tablespoon honey mixed in a cup of hot water at least twice a day.

Allergies:

Apple Cider Vinegar can stop most allergies like pollen, dander, dust, animals food, etc. We have found that when apple cider vinegar is taken either as a daily tonic or at the first sign of an allergy (i.e., sinus headache, stuffy nose, watery eyes), one can completely stop the histamine response or allergic reaction.

The usual 2 Tablespoon dosage that you read about in books and on the internet is not enough to stop allergies, we've discovered. Usually you have to increase the dosage to about 1/16 of a cup or a shot glass' worth. Sometimes you just have to take this dosage once to stop the allergy and sometimes you need to take it up to three times a day. In most cases, your allergy symptoms will usually disappear between 1 -3 hours after taking the first dose. Recipe 1/16 cup of organic ACV in 4 oz of H2O, up to 3x/day. Increase amount as necessary being careful to note if heartburn is caused. If heartburn, drink milk and lots of water.

Arthritis:

This condition of inflammation of the joints is a major chronic disease in the West, and is believed to be partly caused by a build-up of toxic wastes in the tissues, causing irritation. Arthritis sufferers have reported a positive influence that apple cider vinegar has on the pain experienced as well as slowing down the progression of this disease. Most people using it as a therapy for this problem ingest it four times a day. Use the cider vinegar and honey treatment for arthritis and also apply cider vinegar externally to painful joints. This entails drinking a glass of water with two teaspoons of cider vinegar and two teaspoons of honey three times a day. Local treatment can also be given by soaking the arthritic hand, or foot in a strong, comfortably hot solution of cider vinegar for ten minutes, two or three times a day - (a quarter of a cup of cider vinegar to one and a half cups of water). Arthritic knees can be attended to by making a poultice - soak the cloth in a mixture of cider vinegar and water, (as per above mixture) wring out and wrap it around the joint, then secure with a dry cloth to retain heat. When the wet cloth cools, it should be wrung out in the hot solution and applied afresh. Repeat several times, twice daily.

Asthma:

Although orthodox allopathic medicine might not agree with this remedy, some people have found relief from asthma by ingesting apple cider vinegar, as well as applying pads, soaked in apple cider vinegar, under pressure to the inside of the wrists.

One tablespoonful of cider vinegar added to a glass of water should be taken in sips for half an hour. After a further half an hour has elapsed the treatment should be repeated. The wheezing should lessen in intensity quite considerably. However, should wheezing still persist a second glass of the same mixture should be taken. Deep breathing exercises are also a beneficial treatment.

Blood loss:

In any circumstances where the flow of blood is too free and is too persistent, such as when a person has a nose bleed without any apparent reason, then two teaspoons of cider vinegar in a glass of water, three times a day will aid in restoring the natural clotting properties of the blood.

Blood pressure:

The potassium in apple cider vinegar is said to be beneficial to the heart, and in some quarters this remedy is said to assist in making the blood thinner, and thereby assisting with blood pressure and the prevention of strokes.

Bones:

The manganese, magnesium, silicon and calcium found in apple cider vinegar has been linked to sustaining bone mass, which is important in the fight against osteoporosis. A supplement of apple cider vinegar could for this reason be valuable to consider should you suffer from a calcium shortage, have a problem with osteoporosis, or if you are entering your post-menopausal stage, where a risk of bone loss could cause a problem.

Bone spurs:

Use 2 teaspoons of raw apple cider vinegar to 8-10 oz of water. Add 1-2 teaspoons of honey (to taste). This is good, especially first thing in the morning. This should help reduce the bone spurs. It also helps eliminate Uric acid deposits which is why it would reduce general soreness.

Bruises and Swelling:

Take a half vinegar and half cold water solution and soak a rag in it, then wring the rag out and wrap it around the affected area. Put a layer of plastic wrap (to keep your sheets dry) and finish up with a towel. Leave this on over night and in the morning you will not believe the difference. You can hold the "compress" in place with an ace bandage. leave on for at least an hour, but the longer you leave it the better the results.

Cancer:

Although apple cider cannot cure cancer, it is a valuable ally to have around to help fight free radicals in the body, which have been shown to be indicative in the formation of various cancers. Beta-carotene, found in apple cider vinegar, is a powerful antioxidant, which helps to neutralize the free radicals formed in our bodies through oxidation. To prevent these free radicals, and to keep them in check, we need antioxidants in our system to rid our bodies of these potentially dangerous compounds. If free radicals are left alone to have the run of our bodies, they cause major damage by severely damaging cells, which leads to aging and degeneration.

Cholesterol:

A good warning system for heart disease is the presence of high blood cholesterol in the system. To help prevent this, follow a lifestyle, which includes eating a diet, high in fruit and vegetables, maintaining your ideal weight, getting enough exercise while avoiding processed foods, junk foods and hydrogenated oils.

Another way is to add fiber to your diet, especially water-soluble fiber - such as the pectin found in apple cider vinegar. Water-soluble fiber soaks up water, which adds bulk and interacts with your body.

Fiber also soaks up fats and cholesterol in the body and they are then excreted instead of being absorbed.

Non water-soluble fibber soaks up moisture in the body, but cannot interact with the body. The amino acids contained in apple cider vinegar have also shown promise in neutralizing some of the harmful oxidized LDL cholesterol.

Colds:

It has been found that the pH factor (the acidity factor) of the body becomes a bit more alkaline prior to a cold or flu striking you down. When you take apple cider vinegar it helps to re-balance the acid level of your body.

Coughs:

There are many types of coughs for various reasons, and these should be treated with reference to their nature and intensity. However, the cider vinegar and honey treatment will prove an efficacious treatment in this respect. Two teaspoons of cider vinegar and two of honey mixed with a glassful of water should be taken before meals, or when the irritation occurs. In the evening it would be an idea to have this mixture by your bed so that it can be sipped during the evening if an attack presents itself.

Colitis:

The cider vinegar and honey treatment has been used effectively in the treatment for colitis. Take the normal dosage of two teaspoons cider vinegar and honey with water, three times a day. An enema of a teaspoonful or more of molasses is also very helpful.

Constipation:

Not having proper bowel movements is blamed for many illnesses and diseases that befall us. The logic behind it stating that should the waste from our body functions be retained in the body, for longer than what nature intended, it will cause toxins to be absorbed back into the system. As we age our bodies produce less, and start to lag behind, in the manufacture of digestive acid (hydrochloric acid), pepsin and digestive enzymes - which can cause constipation. When we add fiber to our diet, such as the pectin in apple cider vinegar, we assist our body by having regular bowel movements and proper elimination.

Cramps:

If you have never woken up in the middle of the night with cramps tearing through your calves, feet or legs, you would not understand the agony. A useful remedy to assist with this is to take apple cider vinegar.

Diabetes:

This disease is becoming more and more common, and there may be various reasons for this phenomena, but it must be remembered that it is not only extremely serious, but needs proper medical supervision, and a strict adherence to dietary rules and medication, as prescribed by your medical practitioner.

It is however interesting to note that added dietary fiber, such as contained in apple cider vinegar, is beneficial in controlling blood glucose levels.

Diarrhea:

Apple cider vinegar helps with the digestion, assimilation and elimination of food, and that it is an antiseptic to the intestines and the whole of the digestive tract. Due to it's healing properties, diarrhea can be controlled in a very short time, (that is unless some serious physical disorder is apparent). The treatment being, one teaspoonful of cider vinegar in a glass of water should be taken before and in between meals, i.e. approximately six glasses during the course of the day. It should be noted, however, that diarrhea is a natural attempt on the part of the body to eliminate some poison which is irritating the digestive tract, on no account should any drugs be taken to suppress these healing symptoms - on the other hand the cider vinegar will lessen the intensity, but will allow the natural course of elimination to take place.

Depression:

Although prescribing apple cider vinegar for depression would be classed as extremely alternative, some Eastern medicines do believe that depression is the symptom of a "stagnant" or tired liver. If you believe in this philosophy, then apple cider vinegar could help to fight depression, since it is a great medium to help detoxify and clean the liver.

Dizziness:

Two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar together with two teaspoons of honey in a glass of hot or cold water three times a day should help this annoying occurrence quite considerably. However, one should never expect instant results, as nature works slowly, yet very effectively. You will notice a lessened intensity whilst you progress.

Ear discharge:

The treatment for this complaint, which usually occurs during childhood is: one teaspoonful of cider vinegar in a glass of water to be taken mid morning and mid afternoon. The discharge should shortly disappear.

Eczema:

Take the usual dosage of cider vinegar and honey in a glassful of water three times a day, with meals. An application of well diluted cider vinegar can also be applied to the skin several times daily i.e. one teaspoonful to half a cup of water. Under no circumstances should salt be taken, as this aggravates the eczema condition considerably. There is usually a potassium deficiency in those people suffering from eczema.

Eyes:

Cataract development in the eye is associated to oxidation of the lens of the eye due to alterations caused by free radicals changing the structure of the lens. With this in mind apple cider vinegar can be of use since the antioxidant properties of beta-carotene contained in apple cider vinegar are great in combating free radicals.

Eyes (tired and sore):

Two teaspoons of honey and apple cider vinegar each, taken in a glassful of water, three times a day. This mixture retards the onset of tired and sore eyes which are usually apparent in later life, as it supplies them with those vital elements essential to their health and functioning.

Fatigue:

Lactic acid is released in the body during exercise as well as periods of stress, and this can lead to fatigue, which in turn can be combated by the amino acids contained in apple cider vinegar. The enzymes, as well as the potassium contained in apple cider vinegar can also be of great help in the quest for more energy and vitality. Chronic fatigue is a warning that the body needs some attention. Most people suffering from chronic fatigue do not have enough good, profound sleep. Either they go to bed too late, or they are one of those people who just need more sleep than most. It is better to get as many hours in bed before midnight as possible. To remedy a poor quality sleep, honey is highly recommended, as it acts as a sedative to the body. Twenty minutes after the honey has been taken into the mouth it has been digested and absorbed into the body. This is because it is a predigested sugar, which has been digested in the stomach of the honey bee, and therefore requires no effort on the part of the human stomach for digestion. Keep the following mixture by your bedside to be taken as indicated: three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a cup of honey.

Take two teaspoons of the mixture before retiring. This should induce sound sleep within an hour, if however, you have been unable to sleep within this period repeat the dosage.

Food poisoning:

Because of the great disinfectant qualities inherent in apple cider vinegar, some people when suffering from mild cases of food poisoning use it with success. If you suffer from violent symptoms, and suspect serious food poisoning, please contact your medical practitioner immediately.

As mentioned earlier there have been many cases where people who were in the habit of taking cider vinegar regularly never suffer any side effects from food poisoning. The cider vinegar has an antiseptic quality which seems to render noxious food harmless.

Gallstones and kidney stones:

A theory exists that the acids found in apple cider vinegar are beneficial in breaking up kidney stones and gallstones, by softening or dissolving them. Although we cannot guarantee any results since there are so many other influencing factors, it might be worth your while to supplement your diet with apple cider vinegar, should you be suffering from gallstones or kidney stones.

Hair loss:

The falling out of hair is primarily due to a tissue salt deficiency, thus cider vinegar with its 'wonder products' will re-establish a natural balance, and supply the deficiencies where needed. Therefore, by taking the cider vinegar treatment the hair will maintain its natural growth. It will cease to fall out and grow more rapidly and thickly. This will take approximately two months, so perseverance is needed. The dosage is one teaspoonful of cider vinegar to a glass of water to be taken with or between meals. Cider vinegar can also be used externally for the treatment of dandruff.

Hayfever:

This ailment is marked by watery eyes, sneezing and running nose, in other words there is an excess of fluid which the body is drastically trying to offload. For an effective relief, honey and cider vinegar should be utilized which will bring excellent results. A tablespoonful of honey should be taken after each meal for approximately a fortnight before the onset of the hay-fever season. The ordinary dosage of cider vinegar and honey should then be taken viz.: two teaspoons of cider vinegar and two of honey in a glass of water, three times a day. This dosage should be maintained during the entire hay-fever season.

Headaches:

The cause of headaches can be stress, allergies, tiredness, and problems with your gallbladder, liver, kidneys or a variety of other factors. Although apple cider vinegar cannot be touted as a headache treatment, is has been found that people have slightly more alkaline urine when suffering from a headache, and with this apple cider vinegar can be effective, since it will assist in bringing your body's acid level back into sync.

The inhalation of apple cider vinegar can also assist with a headache - and can be done by adding some apple cider vinegar to boiling water in a big pan, removing it from the stove and carefully inhaling the vapor.

Equal parts of cider vinegar and water should be placed in a small basin on the stove, allowing it to boil slowly. When the fumes begin to rise from the basin lean your head over it until the fumes are comfortably strong. Inhale for approximately 50 to 80 breaths. Generally this alleviates the headache considerably, if not entirely. Or for a migraine, take a wash cloth and put water and vinegar on it and put it over my forehead.

Hearing: (Impaired)

The treatment of impaired hearing has had excellent results on the apple cider vinegar therapy. Take the normal dosage three times daily and notice the improvement.

Heart:

Since apple cider vinegar is used to promote the health of veins and capillaries, it is by implication also useful in assisting in the health of the heart and blood pressure. The potassium found in apple cider vinegar is also beneficial to the heart.

Heartburn:

This usually occurs after eating, sometimes up to two hours later. This very unpleasant feeling can be alleviated by taking the usual dosage of cider vinegar and water before meals.

Hemorrhages:

Cider vinegar helps the blood to clot more easily. When a person who regularly drinks cider vinegar cuts himself, the wound will dry up almost instantaneously, as there will be no profuse bleeding. If, however, wounds do not heal quickly, the following procedure should be undertaken; two teaspoons of cider vinegar taken in half or a whole glass of water at mealtimes as well as in between, therefore six glasses in all are imbibed. For extra efficiency a very weak solution of cider vinegar with water can be applied to the sore, wound or cut.

Poultices of cider vinegar (see instructions under the heading Arthritis) can be applied to a stubborn open wound.

Hemorroids:

Vinegar soothes the itching and burning of hemorrhoids. Just take a cotton ball and dab the affected area with full strength apple cider vinegar! Caution: some people find the full strength solution stings. If this happens to you, just dilute the vinegar half and half with water.

Hiccoughs (hiccups):

These have been known to be eradicated by drinking a teaspoon of cider vinegar neat! Alternatively cider vinegar with water can be taken before mealtimes to prevent this occurrence.

High blood pressure:

There are a number of reasons why a person suffers from this common yet serious condition. health will be maintained only if one is prepared to adjust his living and eating habits. Cider vinegar is not the cure-ail of man's suffering. As a supplement, the following dosage should be taken daily: two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and honey in a glass of water - up to three to four times a day.

Indisgestion:

When people start talking about indigestion they immediately start referring to the "excess" stomach acid that they have! In most cases it is NOT a case of an excess of stomach acid, but a shortage of it.

Hydrochloric acid and pepsin, an enzyme working in an acid environment, are needed to break down the food effectively, and a shortage of these two ingredients will lead to a sluggish digestion of food and resultant indigestion. Taking apple cider vinegar may assist in effecting a remedy.

Insomnia:

There are also a number of causes as to why people suffer from insomnia; however, there have been excellent results with the cider vinegar and honey treatment as follows: two teaspoons of cider vinegar and two of honey in a glass of water to be taken before retiring. It would also be beneficial to have a glass of this mixture by the bedside to sip if needed. It has been found that the prime cause of insomnia is due to a deficiency of phosphate of potash and phosphate of iron; this combination can be found in the biochemic salt known as kali phos, which can be obtained from your local health shop. Or, m ix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with one cup of honey and store this mixture in an air-tight container. Anytime you have trouble drifting off, take two teaspoons of this mixture and you'll drift off in less than a half hour.

Kidneys and bladder:

Due to the eliminative nature of cider vinegar, the kidneys and bladder can benefit tremendously by a 'flushing', which they receive when the following cider vinegar therapy is undertaken: two teaspoons of cider vinegar in a glass of water six times a day. It would be beneficial to drink a couple of glasses of water in the morning, taking one teaspoonful of cider vinegar in each drink. Comfrey tea, first thing in the morning with a teaspoon of cider vinegar will also create a sufficient cleansing action. Inflammation of the kidneys, called pyelitis, in which pus cells are present in the urine, will generally clear up with the above-mentioned treatment.

Metabolism:

The quest for achieving the ideal weight always will include effective and efficient metabolism. Without it your dietary intake will not be metabolized correctly, the nutrients will not be available to the body, and this will result in excess weight being added to the body frame. Apple cider vinegar has been used for centuries in aiding the liver to detoxify the body and to help with digesting rich, fatty and greasy foods, and for proper metabolizing of proteins, fats and minerals. If the food cannot be broken down into absorbable form, the body cannot assimilate the required nutrients needed from the diet.

An added extra to help with this is the malic acid and tartaric acid found in apple cider vinegar, since it helps to bring the acid content into balance, while killing off unwanted and unfriendly bacteria in the digestive tract.

Muscles:

Lactic acid in muscles is the cause of the muscles feeling sore and stiff, but by adding some apple cider vinegar to your diet, it could assist the body to get rid of it at a faster pace, since it will help to break down the acid crystals, making it much easier to be flushed out of the body.

Nasal congestion:

A constant draining of mucus from the sinus cavities can be both sore and uncomfortable. It is best to cut out, or eat as little as possible, mucus forming food - which traditionally, in most cases would be dairy products.

Many sufferers of nasal congestion have experienced relief by adding apple cider vinegar to their diet.

Sore throat:

use 1 tablespoon vinegar to an 8 ounce glass of warm water for a sore throat. Gargle every hour and swallow after gargling, with two mouthfuls.

Stiff joints:

A shortage of potassium in the body may cause stiff joints. Apple cider vinegar can help in relieving this problem when ingesting it, since it is a good source of the needed nutrient. Another remedy is to relax in a warm tub, with some apple cider vinegar added to the water. For a stiff neck , take a half vinegar half warm water solution and soak a rag in it, then wring the rag out and wrap it around your neck. Put a layer of plastic wrap (to keep your sheets dry) and finish up with a towel (be careful not to strangle yourself). Leave this on over night and in the morning you will not believe the difference.

Ulcers:

Apple cider vinegar is showing great promise in helping to heal alcohol-induced ulcers, since it activates the body into starting up its own defensive mechanism. This, together with other indicators suggests that apple cider vinegar may in the near future be drawn into the fold of alternative ulcer preventing remedies.

Weight loss:

Apple cider vinegar has been used as a weight loss remedy for centuries, and although the mechanics are not always clear on how it works, it really does work.

It has been suggested that apple cider vinegar works because it makes the body burn calories better, that it reduces the appetite or simply that it gets the entire metabolism working at top efficiency.

But whatever the reason for apple cider vinegar helping to lose weight - the fact remains; it has stood the test of time as a fat-busting supplement, and has helped countless people to achieve their ideal weight.

Dosage:

Varies according to ailment being treated, see sections above.

The normal dosage is 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar

together with two teaspoons of honey in a glass of hot or

cold water three times a day.

For sure it is best to use the apple cider vinegar uncooked. Other ways to

take it raw include: Making a juice of 2 cups of grape juice, 2 cups of white grape juice, 2 cups of apple juice and 1 cup of apple cider vinegar. Mix well and refrigerate. Every morning before you do anything else, drink a small cup of it. Each batch lasts a week or two depending on how much you drink each morning. It tastes sort of like a strong wine.

source: http://www.falconblanco.com/health/supplements/applevin.htm

i used to take apple cider vinegar everyday last time... and now i'm starting again... take it twice a day.. once in the morning and once at night...

i take..

3tbsp ACV

3tbsp honey

in a cup of water

i dont like to add lots of water coz i like the apple cider vinegar and honey taste... tongue.gif

one thing i've noticed after 3 days... pimples clearing out, less hungry, more awake, sometimes i get hemorroids... and they usually last about a week.... this time it lasted one day... which is a relief ... for those who get hemorroids, you will know what i mean....

Rayleen, do you mean ACV? Typo error? unsure.gif

notes for myself and for anyone who wants to know:

different recipes for ACV face toner:

1)

In an 8 oz. bottle, I mixed 4 oz. ACV, 3 oz. green tea, almost 1 oz. purified water, 7 drops lavender (antiseptic), 5 drops bergamot (healing) and 3 drops neroli (helps with potential scaring & smell).

2)

Used 2 parts of ACV , 1 part of water and 10 drops of Tea tree Oil from body shop

3)

2/3 apple cider vinegar 1/3 purified water Uncoated Aspirin Shake 'em up in a bottle. (The amount of aspirin depends on how big your container is. I use around 1-2 aspirins in an 80ml bottle) Oh, yeah. STORE IT IN THE REFRIGERATOR!

by carekate on MUA

here are some of the benefits of ACV toner:

• helps even out skin tone;

• smoothes out your skin's texture;

• helps minimizes the size and appearance of pores;

• dries up and reduces redness from breakouts almost over night;

• helps regulate oil production;

• impart's to your skin "a radiant glow."

Recipe for CareKate’s homemade ACV Super Toner:

What you’ll need:

• Apple Cider Vinegar

• Clean, empty 8 ounce glass or plastic bottle

• Distilled water (tap water is okay, but distilled or purified is better!)

• Green Tea -- optional

• Vit-C (lysorbic acid) powder or crystals -- optional

• Ylang Ylang essential oil -- optional

• Lemon essential oil -- optional

What you do:

• Step 1: Fill bottle 1/3 full with ACV (may increase or decrease amount of vinegar to suit your own skin type, add more vinegar for oilier skin and less for dry skin. If you plan to add green tea and other ingredients to your toner, follow steps 2-4 below, otherwise just add water to fill bottle to brim.

• Step 2: Heat 2/3 cup of distilled water and bring to boil, then add 3-4 green tea bags (you want to make the tea solution REALLY strong!!) and let it steep for 30 minutes or longer, then remove teabags. Once the green tea has cooled completely, pour into bottle with ACV (do not fill bottle completely full because you'll need room to add the Ylang Ylang and Vit-C).

• Step 3: Add 25 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil to bottle (if your skin-type is not oily, simply add less Y-Y oil or leave it out altogether).

• Step 4: Measure out one level teaspoon of Vit-C crystals and add to bottle with ACV and green tea. Shake bottle vigorously to dissolve crystals (if they do not dissolve right away, simply put lid on bottle and let sit for an hour to allow Vit-C crystals to solubilize in the solution. Once the Vit-C crystals have completely dissolved, your toner is ready for use. Shake well before using.

The above 'recipe' should yield enough toner for a one-month supply. Twice daily, after cleansing face as normal, put some toner on a cotton pad and gently swipe over your face and neck (if you prefer, you can use a spray bottle and spray the toner directly onto your face). Followup with your regular serums and/or moisturizer. I'm using simple, "grocery-store" ACV (look in the condiment/salad dressing aisle) which costs less than $1.00USD for 16 ounces, but you can buy more 'exotic' apple cider vinegars from health food stores. Likewise, I bought my green tea at the supermarket (make sure you get one that is 100% green tea with no additional ingredients/flavors added), a box of 20 tea bags for around $3.00USD. Distilled water is available at the supermarket in the bottled water aisle for around 75¢ per gallon. Ylang Ylang essential oil is available at health food stores (I got mine at Whole Foods for about $7.99 for an 1-ounce bottle). Hint: If you're hoping to find essential oils cheaper on Ebay or something, make sure that the Y-Y oil is stored in an amber or dark-blue glass bottle, because essential oils can be degraded by direct sunlight like from a clear glass bottle. I got my Vit-C crystals at Whole Foods for around $9.99USD for a big bottle (enough to yield *dozens* of batches of ACV super toner or homemade Vit-C serum!), but you can also order it online. FYI: You can customize the above recipe to fit your skin’s specific needs simply by adding a couple of drops of the essential oils that are recommended for your skin type. Click on this link (or cut & paste link into address field on your web browser) for a guide to essential oils and their use/benefits in skincare: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/redir...=asc&highlight=

I initially wanted to start a topic on that based on the reviews I read on MUA but nvm la, now Rayleen also posted edi. 8)

i wonder can i take it or not. i have gastric problem, i aksed the dotor whether i can take lemon juice but he advice me dont take it.

i just wonder i can take this apple cider vinegar or not.

so far which brand is good huh?