Sign in to follow this  
JoyLee

Hair Relaxing

Hi

I'm new in this forum.

I just did hair relaxing upon recommendation from my hair stylist.

I also just discovered that hair relaxing is no longer available in S'pore as it damages hair.

Any idea whether its true or not?

I am very worry as I was told it damaged the scalp and hair will drop off.

At the moment, I didnt notice any difference.

Can anyone recommend a good shampoo, conditioner or whatever that I need to maintain a healthy scalp after doing hair relaxing.

Don't ask me to go back to the saloon as I don't have any trust in them anymore. ^_^

Thanks

What is hair relaxing??

Hair relaxing is something like rebonding except the hair will be ironed as in rebonding case.

I'm not sure whether the chemical used are the same or not.

HAR. I thought that relaxing was better than rebonding? Less damage?

I did hair relaxing one month ago. The don't use the straightener and it's purely based on chemicals to make the hair straight. I have to use moisturizer all the time, else, my hair will look frizzy. But after applying, my hair looks naturally straight.

Yeah, I do experience tremendous hair falling and brittle. I can't remember what is the brand of my shampoo. It's for damaged hair and it costs RM30 and it's quite good cos I don't feel my hair sticking to my head. Heehee..

am considering of relaxing instead of rebonding. am not quite a stick strait hair kind of girl.

really wanna know more about hair relaxing. hope that someone would come up and enlighten us more about this.

i asked my hairstylist... he told me tat it is more expensive than hair rebonding... but i think i heard he said it is supposed to repair ur damaged hair... if not mistaken .. it is around RM 300++...

erm. most of my frens and me as well, did hair relaxing cause don't like the stick straight type of hair. i personally find it better than rebonding or straightening. erm, as for me, not much damages done to my hair. i ever did it the first next day after i perm it. i did twist perm. but my fair was not all fried up and everything.

p/s- my hair is definitely not healthy kind. i'd done straightening, crimping, perming, and tons of colouring.

i checked out the pricing for hair relaxing and it is much pricier than hair straitening. i've had however some tips from a classmate of mine whose straitened hair don't look that straited. she has really nice hair.

i finally decided to leave my hair as it is, thought the ends are curling. my hair has natural volume, so i do not have to worry much. just need to maintain it's moisture and shine only.

hair relaxing?

tried it before,

i think i didn't have much hair dropping,

can't remember..

but i adviced you not to do that since i checked on the web and they said it will harm your hair & scalp.

i wonder why the saloon i went to recommended me to do hair relaxing. =P

i tot tat relaxing is less damage than rebonding.

maybe you should try V05 Hot Oil, pick the one for revitalise yr hair. the shampoo and conditioner of V05 are good too ;)

good luckk!

i did hair relaxing in july 07 at dis salon at curve named hairkunst.they charged rm250 for my long hair(below shoulders).

at first i wanted 2 do rebonding but d dude recommended relaxing cz rebonding will make my hair stick straight.

relaxing

look more natural.originally i had wavy hair.so after putting d chemicals they blow dried my hair.afta goin hm n not washing hair 4 3 days, i n my fwen who oso did relaxing wasn`t satisfied wit it so we went bk there.our hair was straighter but looked as if we just ironed our hair.

d owner kindly did not ask us 2 pay anything for 2 2nd visit :clapclap: n instead of blow drying our hair,they ironed our hair n til now im happy with my hair :D hairkunst oso charges 50% off d original relaxing price for touch ups.meaning it will be rm125 only!!me n my fwens hv already set up an app. 2 dye our hair n ill post my comments afta christmas :thumbup1:

Edited by dyra