Sign in to follow this  
BushBaby

Cats in Condo

Im really wondering.. I live on the 6th floor and I have 2 cats. I'm really worried that they would decide to jump off the balcony/window 1 day..

Anyone of you know people who keeps cats in condos/apartments who actually jumped off (and hopefully survived the jump =p)?

i've never had cats in condo before.. i cant imagine wat my cats will do if i stay at condo.. cos they will climb trees, tables etc.. so i think for ur cat's safety, u better keep them in the cage.. or find a place where they wont "suicide" :P

Im really wondering.. I live on the 6th floor and I have 2 cats. I'm really worried that they would decide to jump off the balcony/window 1 day..

Anyone of you know people who keeps cats in condos/apartments who actually jumped off (and hopefully survived the jump =p)?

Cats surviving a 6th floor jump?!! Can meh?!!

I dont think cats that stupid.

Unless theyre too excited offcourse :D

Mine did, the fella was playing at the balcony late at nite and accidently fall out.

I was so shocked I nearly died. :(

The poor fella was vomiting (when I went down to look for him at 3am in the morning) and had a lil fracture on the back leg. Thank gosh the vet says no internal injury.

You should fence up your balcony.

P/s: I stayed on 5th floor

Edited by foxy-luxy

mannchyun: cannot keep them in a cage lah.. surely bising till kena complain 1.. luckily so far nothing happened to them.. they even walk on the 'outer' part of the balcony. darn scary when i see it

tinkerbell: thats exactly the point.. she rushes to the balcony/window when shes sees a bird flying pass.. dem scared 1 lor

foxy-luxy: wah your cat long life la.. not bad.. hopefully if one day my cats decides to go bungee they would survive the fall too.. 1 floor higher shouldn't make much difference rite? *cross finger".. but fence up, wont they lagi wanna climb up?

cats wont die easilly, i've seen some ppl "swing" a cat into a monsoon drain (3 storey high) and the cat seems unhurt...but 5-6 storey high..i had no idea :P ...good luck la..hehe

Mine did, the fella was playing at the balcony late at nite and accidently fall out.

I was so shocked I nearly died. :(

The poor fella was vomiting (when I went down to look for him at 3am in the morning) and had a lil fracture on the back leg. Thank gosh the vet says no internal injury.

You should fence up your balcony.

P/s: I stayed on 5th floor

Hey foxy-

so what did you do once you found him? did you put him in the cage till morning n then bring him to the vet? can sleep meh then?!! I'd die if I have to see my cat suffer through the nite :cry: :cry: :cry:

Please share with us your experience. I had an experience when one of my cats 2 years back was meowing outside the door. When I open, the poor thing was sluching against the wall all dirty. I panicked n didn't know what to do. Didn't dare pick him up cus I know something bad had just happened to him. bf n i tried to care for it as much as we can till the morning. It died halfway through the nite. I was so frustrated that I couldnt do anyhing at all to save him. Sad because he actually came back to the house to find me.

Rest in piece cookies.

yalor, its good advice to fence up the balcony and windows with nets. Cos cats do not know the meaning of "height" and thought they can jump like they do on normal ground floor. Bcos they are domestic, they are quite different than the cats u see in the wild.

Its similiar to this theory, if we arent taught on the dangers of height, we would attempt to jump bcos we dont know the danger.

I had 4 cats and all live in the apt with my family. They are very happy and do not need to go out. One of them fell out the window once and landed on someone's astro dish. But it is unlikely to happen. Cats are very clever creatures and balance well. Their judgement in terms of height are very good.

i use to have a cat, and i stayed on the 2nd floor. she did jump, and made it hehe!!!

i dont think cats are stupid, and they know when its too high..

unless if your cat likes to take a noon nap at the edge of the balcony like my cat... fell off 2 storeys and went missing for a few days. When I found it back sleeping on my car, it had a broken limb. Took a day off and sent it to a vet.

changed its name from Gaga to Tupid (as in stupid). At least Gaga responds to Tupid better...

my cat 'tried' commiting suicide once...she stood in front of the window...i think she would have jumped if not for me to calm her down... *sweat* i live on the 22nd floor ... so i think if she really had jumped i'd lost my precious cat by now. i guess she's reacting because we neglected her :P

well, 2 out of my four cats tried it.... cos last time my mom live in a condo with her 3 cats... and two of them tried jumping out from the 2nd floor. Luckily in front of the condo is a grassy lawn..

kamikaze: my cats used to sleep at the edge of the balcony all the time.. didnt noticed it recently though.. hopefully its cuz she got bored of the spot

catherinelu: haha.. same ere.. when im in front of the comp ignoring her, she'd jump up the window n look down as if wanting to jump off! scary!!!

hahaha...yeah...i can't imagine....sorry out of topic abit..but i've seen a guy commited suicide before. apparently he lived on 26th floor...i saw a black thing fell and i thought somebody threw rubbish out but...i cried and my mood was bad the whole day

so i wouldn't have imagined if my cat jumped from 22nd floor...:(

i read in a paper, i think star or times and yes it is . .there got several case cats jumping out the condo . . but most of it safe.

but, unfortunately one of my cat didn't safe. she died after jumping of my condo . .it is scary and i cry like hell . . :(

i dunno . .mayb she try to catch fly or something . .

u worried too much, when i had 1, i was living at the 29th floor, nvr happened, just becareful that it do not look out the window then run off in fear

i don't think it is danger for them. Last time my cats playing around on the roof chasing with each other. They really agile and won't get themselve hurt.

Edited by nagilentino