Sign in to follow this  
BushBaby

Education Loan

Hi babes.. i just finished my study last year..now im working almost a year..im taking PTPTN loan, RM28,000 for degree in engineering.. actually there are lots of govt loan.. PTPTN, JPA, MARA.. if u good enough u can get JPA and MARA easily.. PTPTN is very flexible..u just pay as low as 75/month once u graduate.. now i paid rm200 per month..but sumtime i only pay 180..theres no rules as long as u pay..they dont even care if u skip a month or two (like i did) if u applying for IPTA, u gonna get ptptn easily.. summore they will give u RM1500 cash as advance..

other LOAN and scholarship; TELEKOM, i-hate-petronas, SHELL, MASTERBUILDERS, IJM, many more.. do sum research... ofcoz u have attend for an interview for sum scholarship.. that is a normal procedure..and sum scholar is bonded..

if u apply for others IPTS, they will do the same thing.. once u reg, they will assist you for loan...dont worry girl..no worry as long as you know where to go and wat to do!some IPTS just need around 500 for registration and the rest will be settled by loan or scholar.. for IPTA, UITM is the cheapest university in malaysia.. the fee is around RM300-500/semester for dip and RM500-700/semester for degree..UM is the expensive one but people said UM is the best IPTA in malaysia..and please do more research bout the IPTS u looking for.. must registered with MQA!!(previously known as LAN).. otherwise you are just wasting your money and time..

Edited by Sexy.Eyes

Hi all.. I'm applying ptptn loan through online rite now & i'm stuck at "Butiran Khusus" that part.. below there is a "butiran bank".. i'm not sure it refer to college bank detail or mine personal bank detail that college ask me to open. Kindly assist me ya..

Thanks a Lot..

Hi, I'm new here...

I wish to do pharmacy degree in Australia but facing some financial problems. I've checked up the bank loans and found that their interest rates are killing ! Whereas for JPA, you can only apply during your third year. What if I can't get my loan during the third year ?

Haiz... I desperately need some help. Wish you guys can offer me some advise on where to get low interest rate loans.

Hey,

I just copied and paste this particular review which Ive written on the Scolarship thread pinned under the Education section. Hope this helps ;)

Im not too sure about the conditions of PTPTN loan. Have been reading about it on the above threads, pretty informative I must say. Anyway, I have a couple of frens who actually took up the loan when they further their tertiery studies. From what I was told, U have to maintain a certain score (Just a pass I think) throughout your studies.

Actually theres alot of sponsorship units out there, depending on wer u wanna study.

For example, JPA. Its actually a government scolarship. Where they will sponsor the whole duration of your studies, weather done locally or overseas and also provide some allowence to supplement your daily expenses whilst ur studying. Which is really good, if you are planning to work for the government when you finish ur studies. The downside is, you will be bonded to them, from 5-10 years in duration once you finish your studies.

There is other similar sponsorship units like JPA. Like i-hate-petronas, MARA, PTN, etc. Try their websites.

In terms of private colleges/universities/institutions. They are their own scholarships available. Depending on the program your looking at and also different colleges may have different conditions attached to the scholarship. For example, Inti college. If you manage to get 9A's and planning to do your Alevels there, they will waive the whole amount of your tution fee throught the whole 18 months of study there. If you get 8A's, 50% waiver.

U could try the Star Education fund as well. You can get most of the info off The Star newspaper. Also ASEAN scholarship.

Hope this helps. Pm me you need help ;)

hi..i hv finance problem in my studies too...if i take ptptn loan oso nt enuf..any solutions for me?...guys..pls help...if reali take bank loan..any suggestion too?..
thx thx..

sharyl, let me encourage you to finish off your course even if you need to get a bank loan if a gov loan is unavailable. Sure it's going to be a higher interest, but that's the banks cost of taking a chance of loosing all the money if you'd decide for what ever reason to stop and get married for eg. which i think is fair.

Now the gov loans would be lower. Why not? if you graduate you'll be paying them back with higher tax in your higher paying job for 30 or so years - they should give a loan for free! The banks don't get this consideration in their equation.

So I encourage you to complete you studies and graduate no matter what. Dont let a high interest loan for 3 years be the reason of missing out on 30 years of rewarding and interesting career.