Sign in to follow this  
BushBaby

Education Loan

Can anyone tell me how to go about education loans? I have no idea bout it at all..

My aunts cant support me to do my degree, locally or going overseas, n so i can only choose to go work n save up money or get a loan.. I really wanna tryout studying somewhere else, since its like a once in a lifetime thingy.. but then since the cert is the same n i dont have the cash, might as well do it here..

There are various types of loans available. There is a government loan that is available for students who completes their studies locally. It is PTPTN. The link will direct you to the requirements page to ask for a loan. Also, there are always private loans from different banks. For the best rates, I suggest you check out the banks and compare the rates. :) Good luck!

Edited by weN

bank loan actually have high interest! -_-. ..ptptn shud have lower interest. but if u plan to study in private uni and college, then u have to be patient as they normally take sometime! and btw, my fren who is taken this loan quited cos they increase the interest tho.. :)

ptptn loan isnt too hard to apply for actually. But depends on whether your course is accredated by the LAN i think. I study in a private uni and half way through i applied for my loan. It only took them maybe a month or less to approve, but it depends on their season as well i think(since they have a deadline for application period). My brothers are on ptptn loans too and it the application isnt much of a hassle either. The amount they choose to loan u depends on ur family financial background though. So some might not get a 100% loan. Anyways good luck.

wat do u wan 2 study??

In doing my diploma in marketing now.. so i guess will do marketing in degree also, but then i havent really checked out on the courses yet.. but i'm sure i gotta do it locally

There are various types of loans available. There is a government loan that is available for students who completes their studies locally. It is PTPTN. The link will direct you to the requirements page to ask for a loan. Also, there are always private loans from different banks. For the best rates, I suggest you check out the banks and compare the rates. :) Good luck!

Thxxx girl!! Ur my savior! Hehe..

I was told bout the ptptn loan but I had no idea bout how to go bout it.. at least now I have some information on it..

But i think bank loans interest kinda high right?

BushBaby, you're more than welcome. And yes, bank loans definitely have a higher rate compared to PTPTN. I suggest you check out the course that you want to pursue and find out from the college if the course is accredited by LAN in order to get a loan from PTPTN. :)

BushBaby, you're more than welcome. And yes, bank loans definitely have a higher rate compared to PTPTN. I suggest you check out the course that you want to pursue and find out from the college if the course is accredited by LAN in order to get a loan from PTPTN. :)

Accredited by LAN? As in subjects like Malaysian studies n moral studies?

No, not subjects like M'sian studies and Moral studies but the entire course. If the course is not accredited by LAN, your degree is pretty much useless. Each course offered by colleges should be recognized by LAN, Lembaga Akreditasi Negara. They set certain requirements that your course has to meet. For instance your coursework has to involve A,B, and C. Otherwise, any college can offer programs and say their program is as good as the one's abroad. :) Hope that helps.

PTPTN is a good option but nowadays a lot of major groups of companies will offer study loan with the condition tat u'll be bound by the company after graduates. just make sure u got all document readily photostated and certifite true copy and fill in the form correctly then u should be able to get the loan, there's a maximum limit of wat u can get depend whether u r in a private or local uni/college. hell of a long wait but better than nothing. i waited for a year before i can get the money.

LAN acreditation can always find whether ur college n current course is listed in the LAN website. they might change from time to time but as long as u got the course code to fill in the form then u hav no worries bout it.

There are a few that you can look into. There is a new scholarship by the govt called the Agong's scholarship and teresa, if you're looking into the US you just might wanna check out Fulbright Scholarship. :)

Hi,

I'm planning to take up a 2+1 degree program at Australia...is there any loan i can consider??

And for the ptptn loan, how they evaluate the family finiancial? is it the more finiancial the more loan or the less finiacial the more loan u get?

I'm still considering either 3+0 or 2+1 degree le...

thnaks lot!!

wen, currently u studying in US?

which university? u also get scholarship for it?

Oh my, sorry I didn't realize this until now. Anyway, I'm currently in George Washington Uni and no, I didn't get a scholarship. Still hunting for one.

we can withdraw some from EPF for Education...right..??

hi,can i noe 2+1 degree programme can get 2 years study loan(2 years in malaysia)

in certain banks?thanks,i need to know,i'm so confused bout this recently