Sign in to follow this  
aladavlis

problem with pc

Hello,

I am having trouble with my Internet explorer.It is doing some very odd things.Sometimes it will completely close the page i am visiting for no reason or it will be very slow loading pages and when i say slow i mean very very very slow for eg i tried to google something and after 10 minutes of the page trying to load i gave up.I thought that it was perhaps the topic i was searching so i tried putting in random things to see if that made any difference but it didn't.Another problem i had was when i was on a forum and clicked on a link and nothing happened i tried to open a new tab and that wouldn't work either and it would let me access any options that are in my tools menu.i had to restart my computer.Just to let you know i have high speed Internet connection.Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me with this problem.

it sounds like ur browser is having a script error thingy. Does ur browser screen hangs something for no reason?

Does it happen to all websites or just specific websites? If all websites, do check your firewall connection. Maybe the policy is set too strict.

The best bet would be uninstalling IE and reinstalling it again. Otherwise, as hunz suggested, use other browser like mozilla firefox.

If after reinstalling IE still having the same problem, i believe somehting is wrong with one of the DLL files within windows/systems. If this is the case, u might need to reinstall the OS.

as lordy suggested try reinstalling or upgrading ur IE to the latest one which is IE7...

or you could try using other browsers like Opera, Maxthon or Firefox...

if you still encounter the same problem,you could try repairing windows...

You could also try scanning for viruses and spyware as they've been known to create problems similar to the one you're facing.

IE 7 sucks. Crashed more often than IE 6. Try opening google website see if it is slow as well. google website is a good test of your line speed. (If you can open google website fast, there's nothing wrong with your computer.)

You can also check your connection by pinging tmnet DNS server (open command prompt and type "ping 202.188.1.5" without the quotes. If you get a response it might be your PC, i.e. a virus or spyware or something. If you don't have TM check your line.

Cheers. ;)

Personally I prefer firefox. If my customers didn't use IE, I wouldn't touch it! :) But that's a whole different topic. :) Anyway if you're not sure if IE is your problem, download firefox from getfirefox.com and try browsing the site...

Try to use firefox see if you still have similar problem. Get a program like adware to check if you got scripts that hijacking your system.

you meant ad-aware, right fred? Can't as imagine why you would recommend that we install adware...

yalor, i been using IE7 since it came up. I havent encounter any crashes so far. But with IE6, i encounter crashes often.

But RAM is cheap. :)

just be aware that ram prices have not fallen much, in fact sometimes its going up. unlike pc's , laptop, cpu, those prices been going down but ram prices for 1g, 512mb ddr are still pretty much the same

IE 7 is okler...its not bad..

Mozilla has a pretty steep ram consumption plus it relies to much on plug-ins to function...

Opera is not bad but it has problems with some webpages...

you meant ad-aware, right fred? Can't as imagine why you would recommend that we install adware...

coz is a free tool for you to remove spyware : www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/