Sign in to follow this  
ramen

Blonde hair with tan skin?

Right I'm asian and I'm pretty fair. At least that's what people tell me. But I notice my face is like 2 or 2 shade fairer than the rest of my body and it looks really noticeable in pictures. I look pretty much like a ghost. Espcially if I'm snapping pics in a room, not under direct sunlight. My lips look RED and my face like a piece of white paper.

Since I'm going to have a long holiday, I'm planning to tan my skin using The Natural Source Self Tanner. Anyone have any comment? Will it turn my skin orangey? And will I look ok if I use it on my face? If not, I can use a bronzing lotion on my face.

Besides, I'm planning to dye my hair blonde. Not those platinum blonde. But maybe ash blonde or light blonde. Not too blonde though.

I'm not too concern with my face matching the colour as I'm mix parentage. Indian with Chinese, thus giving me a big eyes and quite sharp nose. I look a bit like foreigner.

Can anyone give me some constructive comment?Thanks...

why not try some foundation with darker color so that your face's color won't be too off from your body? i think blonde hair with tan skin looks good, looks like hawaii girl :-)

but blonde hair on tan skin will make u look really dull.. or tired and restless.. then only thing that makes u look nice is that u have to put on make up everday....

beach bleach blode tan babe + beach + LONG holidays = life can't be any better!!!!

i never use Nature sauce self tanner. and i apply other brand of self tanning stuff for my boys and it is kind appear orange on my hand but not on him.

if you have sensitive skin, then don't apply the body tanner to your face. get the tanning lotion for face is better way to do ..rather play safe then sorry later on.

wish this help

Normally tan skin doesn’t work well with bleached blonde hair.. it’s way to harsh because the contrast is too dramatic

Try to google Naomi campbell’s pic, cz she did blonde before.. and see how it looks

Edited by frolic_pjann

I'm of the same opinion with the peeps who commented that bleached blonde hair and tan skin don't really go well together. IMHO, bleached blonde hair makes tanned skin look dull and muddy, much celebrated all-American look though it may be.

It's nice that you have red lips instead of pale ones. I wish I have red lips, heh. The bronzing lotion is probably a better option if you don't like the pale ghost look...

when you say blonde hair with tanned skin - it just reminds me of the once-famous 101 japanese girls

just add more white eye shadow around ur eyes and you are one of them..

ash blonde is ok, but not those bleached platinum blonde. i now have kinda ash blonde hair, and i don't think i'm very fair. or mayb my body is also a diff colour compare to my face. face is a lil lighter shade.

i think it is alright for tan skin tone plus blonde hair coz ll look very outstanding if compare with other gals. Summore, looks very healthy. Must b very sexy with tube and short skirt....

I saw a gal do like that and she is very eye catching. Everyone look at her. Wow...... nice!!!

personally I love to tan, and I also resort to tanning lotion (johnson's holiday skin) when there isnt any sun. it's also for the face tho. i find it good.

prolly u could do blond highlights to give that sun kissed look. itd look good. it also depends on the individual on the color. used to have it.

n make up does wonders. HTH!

It'll be artistically pretty with tan skin and blone hair.

It's also the latest make-up style of japan ganguro girls.

Can be very outstanding...

But not many people can accept it as one kind of beauty extreme.

i borrowed some photos here:

ganguro02_b.jpg

Hi

Right I'm asian and I'm pretty fair. At least that's what people tell me. But I notice my face is like 2 or 2 shade fairer than the rest of my body and it looks really noticeable in pictures. I look pretty much like a ghost. Espcially if I'm snapping pics in a room, not under direct sunlight. My lips look RED and my face like a piece of white paper.

Since I'm going to have a long holiday, I'm planning to tan my skin using The Natural Source Self Tanner. Anyone have any comment? Will it turn my skin orangey? And will I look ok if I use it on my face? If not, I can use a bronzing lotion on my face.

Besides, I'm planning to dye my hair blonde. Not those platinum blonde. But maybe ash blonde or light blonde. Not too blonde though.

I'm not too concern with my face matching the colour as I'm mix parentage. Indian with Chinese, thus giving me a big eyes and quite sharp nose. I look a bit like foreigner.

Can anyone give me some constructive comment?Thanks...

Hi, your hair, dressing, make up will definitely portray your personality and convery the message you want to give to other people. If you love the tanned look and blonde hair, go for it! But the society has stereotype about this look. Look, honestly, can you take a lawyer seriously if she has tanned look and blonde hair? Forget about Legally Blonde, that's movie! I totally embrace the idea of doing what you love, I don't care if you want to look Gothic. But you have to bare in mind that people may give you weird stares or whatever. But when it happens, don't say I did not warn you:)

yes, definately. You'll be facing the stereotypes of people who do not know much about being different.

Last time i use to dye my hair green, blue, etc... during my young age, when i'm so into cosplaying.

I ended up being suspended at school... :P ... although generally I'm one student considered on top 10 list.

People thought that I'm a trash evnthough I'm actually a geek.

anyways. I generally agree that how you potray yourself to other people's eyes is important to gain respect from them.

but i believe, being who we really are, will make people around us to know the real person we are.

anyways, I planned to dye blonde-purple this year... yay!

my mom want me to dye pink, but that's too common, i want different!

Look at this little girl's purple blonde effect. really nice colour matching

purple-brynna.jpg