Sign in to follow this  
-NoMerCy-Dark

where to eat in IPOH?

can anyone recommand me to eat at IPOH? chinese restaurant,mamak store,coffea house

i am boring with all the food in here

but first let me recommand u all some nice food in ipoh

ASAM HOUSE in greentown

just for RM25 per person u can eat all u can at movenpeak at greentown

OVERSEA restaurant in front of hotel excelciler

Have you tried...

- Indulgence in Canning Garden.

- Beef Noodles in Hollywood Restaurant, Canning Garden.

- Noodle & Chee Cheong Fun in Canning Garden (breakfast only, restaurant behind Duck Rice, Hong Kong Restaurant)

- New *something* Restaurant, Canning Garden (same row as Indulgence).

- Deep Fried stuff with mee & sea coconut in Pasir Pinji.

- Food stalls along the Ipoh Stadium

- Chee Cheong Fun in Tmn Cempaka

- Chee Cheong Fun in Fair Park

- Chee Cheong Fun and Wanton Mee in Kg Simee

- Hakka Mee along Jln Sultan Iskandar Shah

- Food court in First Garden

I like these,

1. chee cheong fun at Jusco food court

2. vegetarian food at ipoh parade food court

3. johny's steamboat at jusco ground floor

4. banana leaf penang kuewtiao at Hollywood Restaurant, Canning Garden, yeah i like their beef noodle too

5. roti Hong Kong at Nasmir opposite Tesco

6. Chicken Curry and Nasik Lemak Rendang at any Kopitiam :wub:

7. cendol pulut beside Dynamic book store opposit to Kamdar

Azxel, you really like Chee Cheong Fun huh? :lol:

Old Andersonian's Club Cafe (entrance next to the hospital roundabout) - Indian food! Banana-leaf rice is only availbale in the afternoon.

Kalai Curry House (Old Town) - Southern Indian food!

Indian "economy rice" - ground floor of the flats opposite the famous white coffee restaurant in old town. I usually go to the last one.

Nasi Lemak (Breakfast only) - Stadium food centre - the Malay stall near the swimming pool. You'll know which one because it's usually full of people.

Kou Kei restaurant (Lunch only) - At the "Yee Lai Hong" (Second Mistress Lane) in old town. The lane is opposite Kong Heng and Thean Chun (nice caramel custard!) cafes. Car cannot go in one.

Hong Tou restaurant - old town - got lots of special noodles and dishes. Order their Hong Tou Min. They make great mooncakes and other Chinese pastries too.

Topwok restaurant - on the way from Ipoh Gdn East to Eastside Boulevard - ask for their Deep Fried Otak-Otak

1919 (Very pricey) - Gu Dong Dou Fu (Antique tofu?)

Poh San restaurant - Good food, very fast, very cheap.

Dong Ku Teng - Pandan rice! - but it has become very expensive nowadays. The seafood stall is not bad.

Tasik - Lui Char (it's in a house, open afternoons)

Kampung Simee - Deep-fried beehoon at the "Mah Jye Chau Fun" operated by The twin brothers

Still got a lot more, but that will be all for now. Haha. If anyone is interested in directions please let me know.

Edited by Sze

haha.. i love the Ipoh style Chee Cheong Fun. :P

caramel custards!! I almost forgot about them. Always have them when I go back.

Hollywood Restaurant in Canning Garden.

The one in Old Town also darn good.

There's one in Ipoh Garden as well. Corner shop behind BCB bank and Multi Ed bookstore.

more more MORE!!! I am hungryyyyyyyyyyyyy :P

can anyone recommand me to eat at IPOH? chinese restaurant,mamak store,coffea house

i am boring with all the food in here

but first let me recommand u all some nice food in ipoh

ASAM HOUSE in greentown

just for RM25 per person u can eat all u can at movenpeak at greentown

OVERSEA restaurant in front of hotel excelciler

Have u tried Char Kueh Tiaw at Dataran Ipoh?

The most nice char kueh tiaw in ipoh.

Eventhough i've moved to KL i still dream about the taste of it..

yummyy....... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have you tried...

- Indulgence in Canning Garden.

- Beef Noodles in Hollywood Restaurant, Canning Garden.

- Noodle & Chee Cheong Fun in Canning Garden (breakfast only, restaurant behind Duck Rice, Hong Kong Restaurant)

- New *something* Restaurant, Canning Garden (same row as Indulgence).

- Deep Fried stuff with mee & sea coconut in Pasir Pinji.

- Food stalls along the Ipoh Stadium

- Chee Cheong Fun in Tmn Cempaka

- Chee Cheong Fun in Fair Park

- Chee Cheong Fun and Wanton Mee in Kg Simee

- Hakka Mee along Jln Sultan Iskandar Shah

- Food court in First Garden

hey Azxel, the indulgence has moved to Jalan tambun long time ago lo. opposite the jalan tambun library. well, it is expensive and the service has dropped since it moved.

hey Azxel, the indulgence has moved to Jalan tambun long time ago lo. opposite the jalan tambun library. well, it is expensive and the service has dropped since it moved.
Yeah, I heard a lot of ppl say that too. Restaurant upgrades are seldom good news, hehe.

Anyone knows this Ngau Lam Min (cow stomach mee) stall in a house in Buntong? I used to be their loyal fan but now I don't go there anymore cos the noodles suck since they moved to town (behind Sam Tet) :(

oh really? darn.. I'm really outdated. :lol: :lol: I've not been to Ipoh for a very long time (usually go back during CNY at the very least but this year also didnt go).

Also, I've not been to Indulgence for a few years too.. hahaa :lol: 'cos of a Christmas Dinner that really sucked, I boycott that place. I do remember when it first opened though, the food there wasn't that bad.

Where in Jln Tambum ah? Near the cemetery ka or neat ISC?

Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, I heard a lot of ppl say that too. Restaurant upgrades are seldom good news, hehe.

Anyone knows this Ngau Lam Min (cow stomach mee) stall in a house in Buntong? I used to be their loyal fan but now I don't go there anymore cos the noodles suck since they moved to town (behind Sam Tet) :(

Ngau Lam Min near Sam Tet... darn... sounds familiar. Need to go back and check. I remember there were 3 places with good Ngau Lam Min in Ipoh, Canning Garden, Menglembu and one other place which I can't recall...

chicken hor fun - tin jun at old town

white coffee at restaurant 16

char keuh tiao, yau yi ong choi, rojak at wah nam restaurant

dim sum at ming court

yum yum restaurant at greentown

ice kacang at ipoh garden south

teh ais at wah pun (opp wah nam restaurant)

If i recall somemore i'll add some in :P

chicken hor fun - tin jun at old town

white coffee at restaurant 16

char keuh tiao, yau yi ong choi, rojak at wah nam restaurant

dim sum at ming court

yum yum restaurant at greentown

ice kacang at ipoh garden south

teh ais at wah pun (opp wah nam restaurant)

If i recall somemore i'll add some in :P

err where is white coffee at restaurant 16 and chicken hor fun - tin jun at old town

err where is white coffee at restaurant 16 and chicken hor fun - tin jun at old town

hmm it's at ipoh old town area.. u know that place got many old shops and kopitiam? :)

gangster where? Ashby road? :blink:

Ipoh no gangsters one la... mostly young punks who think they're gangsters... though my friend and 3 of his college mates got extorted for money by this ah pek, in front of Kamdar during lunch hour. :lol: Those days, the most 'garang-est' punks I've came across are those kids from Sam Tet & Anderson (my school!).

Aiyo... next round when I'm back I'll bring you there lah! haha :rolleyes:

o...

zzzz Azxel there many gangsters...scare go there

where got gangster, ipoh really no gangster 1, even though got gangster they also quite friendly 1. and they are very timid 1.kakakkaa :P

tau fu fah near fu san dimsum restuarant... I forgot the name of the tau fu fah stall. got 2 over there. FREAKING smooth and nice. :)

Speaking about chee cheong fun, my bf last time brought me to a very isolated place in pasir pinji. it's an old grandmother selling in her own house one. A lot of people will come and tapao 10-20 orders. And have to take number, so wait very long for it. But it's worth it.

Beef noodle.. There's a stall behind sam tet primary school not bad. The famous one will be the one from Buntong. The exact direction of the shop i dun really rmb. haha. cuz usually ppl fetch me there so i'm not really sure about the shop's location especially when it comes to old town area.

kacang putih.. hmm. there's an indian man who always dress up like wong fei hong, and he knows how to speak cantonese one. he's stall will be around ipoh garden, near the am bank area. (jalan lau pak khuan)

For ngar choy kai, it'll be the famous lou wong or onn kei. But seriously, the standard has dropped. :(

Chicken floss hor fun (kai si hor fun) - tian jin (got superb egg custard too!) and the shop beside it .. er, forgot the name. Both shops will be FULL during lunch hours.

FMS* (i think it's spelled like this) - a very very veryyyy old restaurant that is built since the days where england conquered Msia. It's still there but not sure whether the food is still that nice like those days. They serve chinese food now though. Upstairs will be western, downstairs will be chinese.

Dim sum - I personally prefer ming's court as Fu San is ALWAYS pacekd with people. And the service there is really bad. There's too many people there so the waitress can't possibly attend to everyone.

ahh. White coffee - Nam heong! very famous for it's white coffee. =)

Lou Wong Ngar Choi Kai sucks. I've eaten there only twice and that's because my outstation friends wanted to eat there. Foh San is also overrated. I usually eat Dim Sum at 5am in the morning at this place near Super Kinta... nothing beats Fresh Dim Sum. :)

Lou Wong Ngar Choi Kai sucks. I've eaten there only twice and that's because my outstation friends wanted to eat there. Foh San is also overrated. I usually eat Dim Sum at 5am in the morning at this place near Super Kinta... nothing beats Fresh Dim Sum. :)

hey, i think lou wong ngar choi kai sucks too, everyone can cook an exactly ngar choi kai, nth special!

Where you eat dim sum? what is the name? As i familiar 1 is ming kok.

I also eat dim sum with my bf early mornign 5 or 6 am, altho it is very early, but i really feel good.

the hot' tit gun yum, duk shu hiong'(tea). so good........ :thumbup1:

oh... I forgot the name of the shop. It's the shop opposite of McD, same row as SuperKinta, those 'pai san' things and the corner shop where the famous *yummy* egg tarts are sold. will let u know the name if I'm ever back in Ipoh to check it out.

Axzel: The dim sum shop u mentioned i think is called "fatt kei". hehe... the dim sum there ok lor but not much choice wor.

anyway i juz had lou wong ngar choi gai about an hour ago , not bad lor.. but now aun kee's standard has dropped, so lou wong will be a better choice then. Anyway the most famous ngar choi gai in ipoh is still the one at Cowan Street but kinda exp i think. :)

tau fu fah near fu san dimsum restuarant... I forgot the name of the tau fu fah stall. got 2 over there. FREAKING smooth and nice. :)
Yeah, I know that one, but cannot remember the name also. They sell tau fu fah from a wooden bucket. Too bad it doesnt' come with ginger syrup though.

Beef noodle.. There's a stall behind sam tet primary school not bad. The famous one will be the one from Buntong. The exact direction of the shop i dun really rmb. haha. cuz usually ppl fetch me there so i'm not really sure about the shop's location especially when it comes to old town area.
The beef-noodle used to be really good, but it kinda sucks since they moved from Buntong.

Chicken floss hor fun (kai si hor fun) - tian jin (got superb egg custard too!) and the shop beside it .. er, forgot the name. Both shops will be FULL during lunch hours.
That would be Kong Heng :)

FMS* (i think it's spelled like this) - a very very veryyyy old restaurant that is built since the days where england conquered Msia. It's still there but not sure whether the food is still that nice like those days. They serve chinese food now though. Upstairs will be western, downstairs will be chinese.
The Chinese restaurant upstairs changed management a few years back. Now the food not so nice adee. I miss their Jiu Pai Dau Fu. It was really really good :(

Dim sum - I personally prefer ming's court as Fu San is ALWAYS pacekd with people. And the service there is really bad. There's too many people there so the waitress can't possibly attend to everyone.
I agree. I prefer the Yoke Fook Moon restaurant oppossite Ming Court. Somehow that has always been my favourite :) They make Peanut paste only on Sundays, but I love it.

ahh. White coffee - Nam heong! very famous for it's white coffee. =)
Yeah, can't beat that one :P~ Boo to all the newfangled cipmak "Kopitiams" popping up all over Ipoh nowadays. I love Nam Heong's traditional Hainanese toasted bread (thick white bread with kaya and butter) served with half-boiled eggs :wub:

Oh, another place: Wah Pan or Wah Nam, I can't remember which, both are corner shops near the Excelsior hotel area. One of them has a stall selling kuih and Bak Chang and stuff. Their Wu Kok (Deep fried Yam balls with meat filling) is the best!

Oh ya, the Seremban Siew Pow stall - tiny little stall just behind the KFC around the Hotel French area. Still very popular after so many years :D

And then, there is porridge, on Jalan CM Yusoff I think, just next to the Chinese Temple. They serve very nice Ngar Choy Kai too. :D The chicken is really smooth and tender.

One more is the Yeong Dau Fu from Under the big tree in Pasir Putih, or what people call the Dai Shu Geok. Mmmm.

Azxel: Oh ya, those yummy egg tarts! Come after 10 am and they are sold out. Everyday!