Sign in to follow this  
snowqueen

How do you manage your permed hair?

i permed my hair 4 months ago but the result is not really sastifying. mayb it's because my hair is not long enough (only reach 2 inch below shoulder) and it is too thick.

anyway just wondering how u girls manage ur hair to keep it curly as lovely as possible. like me, i usually wash my hair at night and then just apply the serum then go sleep. i seldom apply mousse as i was told that it'll makes my hair even more dry and shouldn't sleep with it. but the next morning when i wake up i only saw a lion head in the mirror!!!so terrible. even though i wet my hair and apply mousse but the look still not satisfying. i feel so frustrated. shld i really apply mousse everytime after i washed my hair?

and i thought of going to straighten back my hair but worry that it will worsen my situation....i like hebe's new hairstyle but it is quite short for me..

so envy u pretty girls with pretty hair leh. i think my hairdo is the worst in the world.SOS.school opens soon. i dun want to hear any critism anymore sob sob.

i'm working in a salon now..and we have to apply mousse, liquid gel n spray on customers in order to get nice curls... and the most important thing is to have a gud hair dryer n a diffuser.. u can get them in sg wang :D

so if u really wanna have nice hair so no choice lor have to spend more time n money.. if not ur curls will like "san san" that's why u say u have lion head

and oh.. u have to cut a bit of ur hair so that it's not too thick..then only ur curls will look nice.. have to cut once a month or 2 months

yalor....just work as part time lar..so tired ah..

hmm THE CUT..it's a new salon in bdc... n it have big promotion on perming,rebonding,colour all RM99 only.. n treatment all 50% off..that's why so many customer until i wanna pengsan..

the hairstylist r from tun jugah richard salon..dunno u know o not :D

i know richard salon cos i always go there lar....but dunno the salon that u are working as now...wa~ so cheap~~~ too bad im not in kuching now, if not i also wanna go and perm my hair....

perming hair very hard to look after? i mean if i got thick hair do u think it's suitable to perm my hair?? cos im scared like what snowqueen said, the hair will be like lion head...but im quite sick of my rebonded hair dy

yin, After perm my hair wat product is a MUST to buy ?

Coz my hair quite long.. Perm hair ady cost me Rm 300++

So i juz plan to buy necessesary products :P

liv

eh if u always go to richard salon then u must know fred lor.. cuz fred is now my boss now haha...

and no problem lar if ur hair is thick cuz b4 they perm ur hair they will cut until very very thin...but then u will have to always go n "xiu" ur hair everytime lar :)

nikki

hmm products dun really need to spend much lar.. just need a mousse n a spray then i think should be enough cuz u did digital perm mar right? digital perm r easier to be managed than normal perming..or u wan ur hair to be less frizzy then can use leave in treatment :D

snowqueen

ur welcome :D

a diffuser only cost around RM30-RM40.. but ur hair dryer need to buy the big one wor like those salon r using one.. like our normal hait dryer usually cannot fit in lor.. like those salon hairdryer cheapest r around RM150..if u wan better one around RM200-RM300++

yin, wat spray do u suggest?? i'm usin wella mousse now but i juz use it b4 i go out coz it makes my hair keras.. but basically i reli din care much bout my hair it's still ok.. but of coz can make it nicer i would wan it of coz :D

liv

eh if u always go to richard salon then u must know fred lor.. cuz fred is now my boss now haha...

and no problem lar if ur hair is thick cuz b4 they perm ur hair they will cut until very very thin...but then u will have to always go n "xiu" ur hair everytime lar :)

nikki

hmm products dun really need to spend much lar.. just need a mousse n a spray then i think should be enough cuz u did digital perm mar right? digital perm r easier to be managed than normal perming..or u wan ur hair to be less frizzy then can use leave in treatment :D

okie dokie... thx gal ;)

yin, thanks so much for ur tips!!

well, i usually wash my hair in the morning after i wake up.. then i apply some volumising product first, follow by serum, and continue with some curl up cream!! i never use hair dryer.. i let it dry naturally..

these can let myu hair looks volumise and moisture at the same time for whole day.. till next day!

i did digital perm..every morning after wake up,i'll wash my hair n let it air dry...n while d hair is still damp,i apply leave-on conditioner..after tht i'll apply schwarzkopf volume cream... :)

yin,me didnt use hair dryer wor...izzit ok?

yin, thanks so much for ur tips!!

well, i usually wash my hair in the morning after i wake up.. then i apply some volumising product first, follow by serum, and continue with some curl up cream!! i never use hair dryer.. i let it dry naturally..

these can let myu hair looks volumise and moisture at the same time for whole day.. till next day!

i thought serum should be applied first before other styling material??

i also thought of washing my hair every morning after i woke up but never do it cause my class usually starts at 8 and i will then have to wake up at 6 to wash hair...

because i only apply volumising spray on the root of my hair then apply serum on the ends of my hair.. so that the serum wont weight down my hair that much.. heheehehe.. dono is tat true.. just my own theory.. hehe

yaaaa... i usually wake up an hour earlier before i go out to get ready.. ehehhehe

for me..i use lucido-L glossy hair wax when my hair are wet..then wait for few mins till damp then i put wella mousse... =)...

Edited by xasar

i'm using keratase elasto curl, the one in orange, but the curl dun seem to be so defined, more of san san look. any babes can enlightened me? :bag:

i've used schwarzkopf volume cream before, the curls are nice, but it makes my hair dry. :(

maybe i should use keratase elasto curl, and then applied schwarzkopf volume cream and then olive oil? help?

my hair is digital perm. using schwarzkopf volume cream ever since get permed the hair. to prevent the hair to dry . i hv put on crystal oil at hair end when hair damp. after try then only apply the curl cream.

my frend hv try TIGi curl cream and it won't dry yr hair...but finish very soon....

All the steps that u babes mentioned are pretty cumbersome. I normally wash my hair at night just like snowqueen, then I will apply schwarzkopf mousse while the hair is damp and let it dry on its own. COz blow drying can make ur hair really dry. I sleep with the mousse on...is it ok with that?

i'm using keratase elasto curl, the one in orange, but the curl dun seem to be so defined, more of san san look. any babes can enlightened me? :bag:

i've used schwarzkopf volume cream before, the curls are nice, but it makes my hair dry. :(

maybe i should use keratase elasto curl, and then applied schwarzkopf volume cream and then olive oil? help?

i use schwarzkopf volume cream too..b4 applying it,i use leave-in conditioner when my hair is damp...then onli use d volume cream...so far so good...my hair isnt tht dry.. :D or can use crystal oil like wat cutie baby does

but more defined curls,if u dun wanna use schwarzkopf volume cream,u can use fudge' glaze[i'm not sure of it's name] too...my fren is using it..she says it's good...

Edited by kyliemc

i just permed n colored my hair last week.

after washed my hair, i use leave in conditioner.

while the hair still damp, i use the lotion (in order to hold up the style n hold up the curls). after dry a bit, use outshine milk.

i used to wash hair everynite, but after permed my hair, wash in the morning, coz if at nite...let it sleep..my curls no more dy... :doh:

erm...im using all redken one....quite pricey lo actually... ^_^^_^

hi i just permed my hair and have my hair first washed just now. the curl i get isn't really what i expected. i have forgotten the instructions from the hair stylist...i'm kinda stupid 8)

i just remember right after washing the hair,we apply serum...after that i get confusing of using the volumizing cream (i am using schwarzkopf)...is it separate the hair to a few area, twist it,then apply the cream and push it up strongly?then just let it dry itself?(i do not have hair diffuser)

any leng lui there can show me step by step?please ...

Edited by ho_oh

i got permed hair too..since i'm always rushing and got no time to style my hair, i only apply the styling cream at the bottom part of my hair (coz my curls are only at the bottom)..run through the hair and then scrunch and twist it and let it dry by it self..i'm using kerastase elasto-curl definition forming cream :D