Sign in to follow this  
GeniE

Hair Salon Suggestion

I tried monsoon id and dry cut before when they were having their promotions emm if im not wrong the hair cut in monsoon id cost about 40++ before the discount but i paid about 20-30 i guess hehe :P it was not bad but after the hair cut i felt that the stylist didnt do too much with my hair as it looked pretty much the same but maybe it was neater and nicer coz a few days ago my sister had a voucher from a cut above academy for a free haircut so i went there it wasnt really disastrous in fact i left the academy feeling quite satisfied but after a few days the hairstyle became really irritating and messy and i couldnt stand it so i went for the haircut at monsoon haha :) As for dry cut yeah i had a really good experience with them it cost me RM30 for a haircut during promotion n they are prob still having it now 2 the last time i saw b4 i left for uk and the stylist did a really awesome job (so sorry i forgot his name ) but he was fantastic gave me the best haircut i had hehe :):thumbup1:

Edited by c@rris@

Anyone try A Cut Above in Mid Valley? I'm going to that area this Saturday and thought of trying A Cut Above.

Jantzen in KLCC is not bad. I still remember the hairstylist who is good in layering my long hair. Too bad I lost his name card and they already moved out.

Edited by hazel

hey girls,

i'll be visiting KL again after 3 long years.

any recommendations on salon which can give fantastic wash and blowdries?

i do this very often in jakarta about 3 times a week? and they blow it with big big curls and it looks awesome!

I'll be staying at Equatorial Hotel for 4 days then 2 in SS2 and won't have a car!

Instead of lugging along bottles of shampoos and conditoners for my holiday I figured I'd just continue getting my hair done.

Anywhere easy for me to access and good?

Thanks!

From Equatorial, walk to Raja Chulan monorail station (its less than 4 minutes walk). The monorail station is just in front of Crowne Plaza Hotel. From that station, you can choose either to Sg. Wang or Times Square which have lots of salon especially Sg. Wang.

Anyone try A Cut Above in Mid Valley? I'm going this Saturday and thought of trying A Cut Above.

do let me know some reviews from there after u went k?

and the price also :D

thanks!

For me I've been going to my hair stylist in OUG (not famous type like Snips, Cu Above la) for nearly 8 years liao and so far he understands my hair the best.... :D Have tried others but always goes back to him plus he uses good products (Wella/Loreal) too. Price is ok la but not too cheap round RM60 (cut by him and cheaper by other stylist) something for haircut nad now having promotion (perm, colour, treatment for RM200+). The salon is called Flamingo :D

anyone knows the price for haircut at shunji, MV?

my sis hair was cut by a Japanese Hair Stylist.that costed her RM80.

You can get your own favourite hair stylist, they have local, korean and Japanese.

micheal ling in sw not bad..i got my digital perm there only cost rm180....after i perm my hair...i was like..omg....looks like aunty...but when i go back and washed my hair...looks pretty nice and natural...totally diff =)

I discovered this new saloon + hair academy in Sg Wang, 6th floor, called MINX CONCEPT HAIR DESIGN. currently having pomotion RM180 for rebonding or digital perm, for any length. Good deal isn't it? They use Wella product. Check it out girls! Tel: 03-2145 5118, 2148 1199

Edited by Rou-Xi

I normally frequents my hairstylist at Bukit Raja, Klang. The saloon is called Hair Hill. They have another branch in Kota Kemuning.

Pam cuts my hair all the time. I love the way she does it coz it's so thorough. Hair Colouring is also superb there.... they use Redken and argh.. forgot the brand. Rebonding are also GOOD there.

Haircut: RM40 (i'm a regular so it's cheaper!) i think normally she charges RM50 and above.

Hairwash: RM18 (i have long hair)

Colour: RM150 and above

Rebonding: RM300 and above

They are the best!!!!!! :P

I think the cheapest place to blowdry your hair – any salon in Kota Raya. Sure, it’s a crappy dingy looking place but guess how much a blow dry costs? RM15 and I have long hair. A cut and wash cost RM25. Seems to work for me. And they always blow dry it really straight and shiny. I’ve tried cutting my hair at A Cut Above by a senior stylist, not only did it cost me RM100, she totally ruined it. I had straight locks going in but came out with short and curly hair which I later had to fix at another salon!! So there, the more u pay for a hair cut, it does not necessarily mean or guarantee you’ll get a good one <_<

Edited by Cas

hey girl, im looking for a good stylist to do rebonding.. any salon to suggest to me? Hope it's affordable too :)

I stay around Happy Garden.. Used to go J2 at Kuchai Lama. But wanted to try new saloon for hair re-boding, any recommendation?

Maybe you can try the salon I go to called "Flamingo Hair Salon" in O.U.G.? Here's the add if you are interested : 38, Jln Hujan Emas 4, Taman Overseas Union, 58200 Kuala Lumpur. Tel : 7783 4311. But you need to make an appointment. Just call them up n make appointment with Black (he's the owner) :D I've been going to this salon for nearly 8 year d and he's good. So if you're interested, then give him a try la. Cheers!

jacq.. newhair style for CNY eh? i suggest u go miko hair salon :P leisuremall cheras and timesquare also haf. they use loreal straightening product which is pretty good. and their rebonding package always included 2 treatment, that is b4 and after rebonding process. good luck

hehe yea new hairstyle for cny ler... but any good hairstylist at miko? coz i'd prefer to find the particular person to cut for me... coz some of my fren said some hairstylist there damage her hair :(

anyone suggestion other than miko? :P

jacq, got.. try Peekaboo. but a bit far for la.. unless u willing to travel n take the riskto try out new stylist. they haf hq in TTDI, branch in The curve & desa sri hartamas (opposite soda club)

I normally go for Miko in leisuremall cheras look for this gal name Grace, she's quite honest and the hairstyle she choose quite trendy. I might go back to her one of these days to haf my CN?Y haircut!

josara, grace is good ar? last time i used to visit miko at leisure mall too but recently they have renovated the shop & seems like not as crowded as used to be ... n those existing hairstylist gone dy, left those new ones.. i dun dare to try ler.. ^_^

JenniJane, are u refering to Miko or Peekaboo?

its depends on ur hair length. if Miko, its RM350 for long hair (slightly until bra line at the back) i only know this price since that's my hair length. price will be around there..

as for Peekaboo.. am not sure. but u can call. 03-77257286

josara, grace is good ar? last time i used to visit miko at leisure mall too but recently they have renovated the shop & seems like not as crowded as used to be ... n those existing hairstylist gone dy, left those new ones.. i dun dare to try ler.. ^_^

yup i like it when its not crowded.. can get special service like longer hairwash.. :) and when no customer they can talk to u while serving u, then can know each other better. not like sg wang saloons some shampoo gal like machine only and got 'mood' show face wan.

some hairstylists transfer to other branch.. i think they expanding or they swap their staff from this branch to that branch.. cos i also noticed and asked bout it. luckily the one got transfered is not my favourite.

grace is good. at least she can tell u what type of hairstyle suit u. for example last time i wanted a short fringe but she say my hair/face not suitable so she didnt recommend it, im still glad i follow her advise.

as for coloring, she will always suggest a very trendy yet not lala type color. and she never force u buy their product even thou u made lots enquiries bout the products, unlike others keep pushing. like i said she's quite honest type of person la and not to mention friendly too.

as for shampoo girl/guy, prefer go for the short straight hair gal i forgotten her name, but she done quite a decent job than the guys!

dun think i earn anything out of it cos i really find her quite good (for me :) )

Edited by josara

ic.. i juz check out wif dry cut , they r having promo on cut & rebonding+ treatment at only rm259 for super long hair... wow.. i think it's worth for a try :D